Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Opinions opinions opinions!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: WWYD?

Options:

Listen to parents they know best

If it happens it happens

Other because that's always an option

Actively try when we decide its the right time

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

I'm in my late twenties been dating my boyfriend for. 7 months. He does have a child from a previous relationship. I was talking to him and he said down the line in like 5 years he wants to try to have a daughter. I am mentally disabled and basically it just takes me alittle longer to understand things. My family doesn't think I'd make a good mother. I do not have alot of patience but I'm working on it. They say if I get pregnant they will disown me. Boyfriend says he will take care of me. Like I said this wouldn't happen for 5 or more years. WWYD? Boyfriend is 17 years older than me. I don't know if that matters
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM

BUMP!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Again with this??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM

In regards to your mental limitations, can you remember basic things and know right from wrong?  For example, would you forget a baby in teh bath tub?   Do you leave food burning on the stove?   Are you able to live by yourself and take care of yourself?     When you get impatient, do you get angry and lash out?

You and your BF know that you just can't have a daughter?   There are many factors in determining the sex of a baby and it can't be predicted.  Would he be upset if you had a son instead?   Is BF willing to marry you and take care of you and the children?

I think there is a lot of thinking to do but luckily you have 5 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Do you feel like you could handle the never ending responsibility of a child? If you guys break up could you do it alone? Children require a lot of patience & devotion. How are you with his child?
-_-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I answered this yesterday, without the mentally disabled add in.

Get a drs note saying you're mentally fit for motherhood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

In regards to your mental limitations, can you remember basic things and know right from wrong?  For example, would you forget a baby in teh bath tub?   Do you leave food burning on the stove?   Are you able to live by yourself and take care of yourself?     When you get impatient, do you get angry and lash out?

You and your BF know that you just can't have a daughter?   There are many factors in determining the sex of a baby and it can't be predicted.  Would he be upset if you had a son instead?   Is BF willing to marry you and take care of you and the children?

I think there is a lot of thinking to do but luckily you have 5 years.

Id remember food on the stove and I wouldn't forget a baby in the tub.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quoting Anonymous: Do you feel like you could handle the never ending responsibility of a child? If you guys break up could you do it alone? Children require a lot of patience & devotion. How are you with his child?
his son and I have a good relationship
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Do not procreate.

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Lol at first I was like aww that's mean.. But then I remembered that she made a post about this yesterday also. Crazy people should not procreate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do not procreate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Do not procreate.

Why? What are your reasons?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)