Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently I have an eating disorder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
According to my mother, I have an eating disorder. For lunch 90% of the time I will have a salad. I buy a bunch of baby spring mix at the beginning of the week and make a batch of dressing and it's just so easy and effortless. I have a container that has 2 compartments; one for the dressing and one for my lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. Sometimes I'll throw some cheese or lunch meat or even left over meat from the night before in with it. I always eat a balanced breakfast, either egg white omelette or hard boiled eggs with some oatmeal and fruit and I usually eat what everyone else is eating for dinner. She thinks that it's ridiculous that I eat a salad everyday and thinks it's because I'm obsessed with what I eat, which I'm not. I told her if she doesn't like what I eat for lunch then she can not watch me eat lunch anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM
I couldn't do it but kudos to you for staying healthy. I wish I could do that, I need to learn to just suck it up and make better choices. Maybe your mom is not happy with herself because she makes bad choices?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM
My mom has had 4 kids and is still tiny! She works out a lot and looks good, she doesn't eat great but you wouldn't know it from looking at her. I feel like she's just trying to be controlling

Quoting Anonymous: I couldn't do it but kudos to you for staying healthy. I wish I could do that, I need to learn to just suck it up and make better choices. Maybe your mom is not happy with herself because she makes bad choices?
TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM
That sounds like an average, and tasty, lunch to me. It something I would eat. Well minus the meat that is.
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Yes... terrible eating disorder. Eating healthy. OMG.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Yeah. She's delusional, lol

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Eating healthy practically is an eating disorder these days, given what a lot of people tend to eat.

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Exactly!

Quoting TheMaddHatress: That sounds like an average, and tasty, lunch to me. It something I would eat. Well minus the meat that is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM
She's lucky! Probably right but you're an adult why does she care about what you eat?

Quoting Anonymous: My mom has had 4 kids and is still tiny! She works out a lot and looks good, she doesn't eat great but you wouldn't know it from looking at her. I feel like she's just trying to be controlling

Quoting Anonymous: I couldn't do it but kudos to you for staying healthy. I wish I could do that, I need to learn to just suck it up and make better choices. Maybe your mom is not happy with herself because she makes bad choices?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:29 AM
I think she's just nitpicking at things to have something to bitch about. But really, salad shouldn't be one of them

Quoting Anonymous: She's lucky! Probably right but you're an adult why does she care about what you eat?

Quoting Anonymous: My mom has had 4 kids and is still tiny! She works out a lot and looks good, she doesn't eat great but you wouldn't know it from looking at her. I feel like she's just trying to be controlling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)