Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I want to buy my 18 year old a beer I will....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 189 Replies
5 moms liked this
Some lady got all uppity today at dinner. My DS turned 18, we were celebrating his birthday, I got him a beer from the bar. He was wearing a shirt that says "18" and she came over and started lecturing me on my parenting and blah blah blah and she said she was going to call the police

I politely told her that it was legal for me to buy him a beer and he is an adult and I see NO issue with him drinking one while we were here for his birthday. I told her to have a nice night and then we went back to eating.

She walked away shaking her head.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
People need to mind their own damn families. You're a super awesome mom! I hope he had a great birthday 🎂
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:51 PM
f
2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope he enjoyed his birthday!  Who cares what other people think?  Is it legal for parents to buy beer for an 18 year old and they are allowed to drink it?  I don't care that you did, I just thought the age was 21 in all states?

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have started lecturing her on what an uppity bitch she was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is legal for him to drink it

Most states have exceptions

Quoting 2kids2dogs2cats:

I hope he enjoyed his birthday!  Who cares what other people think?  Is it legal for parents to buy beer for an 18 year old and they are allowed to drink it?  I don't care that you did, I just thought the age was 21 in all states?

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM
13 moms liked this

My 19 year old nephew and the rest of us (family) went out for a few drinks a couple of nights before he deployed for a year. I am a firm believer in that, if you choose to serve your country, your legal age for anything is the age you are at enlistment.

But the most important thing about this post is...what kind of beer did you buy for your son? Because if you say Bud or Miller Lite, we are so NOT going to be friends, lol. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM
19 moms liked this

If our government and military can stick a submachine gun in his hand for him to blow people away, the young man can drink a damn beer. 

Foolynroo2
If you are reading this - I think you're a Cunt
Wednesday at 9:12 PM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Happy Birthday to your kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I thought that was illegal? But good for you. That lady should have minded her own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)