Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cried in my car at the store today.. Updated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 507 Replies
3 moms liked this

Long story..

My children were both sick earlier this week and are just over it.    We'd been house-bound in this beautiful weather and I'm still sleep deprived but I agreed to take the kids to the playground, library, and store because I feel bad that we've been trapped indoors.

By mid-shopping trip my daughter was done!   D.O.N.E.  She was whining constantly and I was rushing.

I grabbed some items on autopilot for WIC and went to check out.

I have checked out at this same grocery store 500 times with the same exact WIC items.  I should have gone into a familiar cashiers line but I was in a hurry.  The cashier I got was training and the assistant manager was nearby to help with the new cashier.

Something beeped on one of my items and he turned to the manager.  She said she didn't think my item was a WIC item.  I said I've bought the same exact item 500 times at this exact store.  I said I asked them at WIC about this item because at a notehr store they told me it wasn't a WIC item and the counselor told me it was a WIC item and if a store said it wasn't I was to tell them that it was and they need to call them to update their numbers (because WIC items change).  

She then asked me if I wanted her to take down my name and information so she could call WIC and tell them I was giving her (specifically) a hard time, did I know she used to be a counselor at WIC and they know her over there??  This felt almost threatening, like if I call them they will take away your WIC!

She looked really irritated!

My daughter started to fuss and so I told her "Go right ahead and call them.. I simply am telling you what they told me which is to have you guys call them.. In the mean time please just go get whatever it is you think that I can have instead and check me out".  

She left for a minute and then came back (it was 7 pm so WIC is closed) she said "I called them and they told me that you need re-educated about what are and are not WIC items.  This is the brochure.  They told me to insist you take one for future reference."  I was mad so I told her "No thank you.  I already have one of those."  She gave me a death glare and shook it at me and repeated that I "obviously do not know which are and are not WIC items and need one of those brochures"  I said "No.  I do not want one.. Just leave me alone, NOW so I can finish checking out."  Her jaw dropped so I repeated myself "Please, just leave me alone now. Please, just leave me alone now."  She guffawed and stormed off!  

I was so angry.  I was shaking.  I checked out the rest of the way and went to my car and nursed the baby and cried to release the anger.  

There is no way she called WIC.. Their office hours are til 5 ..  It  was after 7.. 

I don't think I want to shop at that grocery store anymore.   Even if I was wrong about the WIC item.. I feel like I was spoken to like a small child and I was condescended to and told they were calling people about me in a threatening way.   I am not an idiot.  Even if WIC changed what is and is not okay since they've told me that it is okay there was no reason to speak to me like that... 

UPDATE:

I called the corporate office yesterday and WIC today.

The manager called me at home.  He basically said he spoke to her about how she could handle things like that in the future and that he would like to be can't discipline her yet because he had a formal talk with her and they are Union so if she repeats the behavior then they can fire her..   He also told me she won't be at that store past August 1st.. but I just cannot bring myself to go into that grocery store again until she is gone..  

I called WIC and she did not call them about me.

He said multiple times that he was sorry and if there is anything he can do I should call him.  He said he recognized me and could see how upset I was on the tape.

I don't know what he thinks he could do for me?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM
37 moms liked this
I would talk to the store manager tomorrow. I am sorry=/
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM
13 moms liked this
I would have gotten a store manager. You don't talk to customers like that. Regardless of rather she thought she was right
cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Quoting Bluescorpia: I would talk to the store manager tomorrow. I am sorry=/

This.
mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This sorry you had to go through that some people are just asshats

Quoting Bluescorpia: I would talk to the store manager tomorrow. I am sorry=/
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Quoting Cocomicah: I would have gotten a store manager. You don't talk to customers like that. Regardless of rather she thought she was right
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Call the store manager and wic.

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this
. I would talk to a store manager she was out of line
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
7 moms liked this
I would've called her a giant cunt and got her fired.
PogoPalOj
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM
10 moms liked this

She was very rude!  If the manager was there and didn't help you professionally I would call the main office and explain the situation and let them know that they lost a valued customer. Gessh whatever happened to the customer is always right?  And even if you were wrong it could have been handled better.  You want me to come over there and stomp them?!

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry. Please talk to a manager. Have a better day tomorrow, Momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)