Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you do not drink (spinoff)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 409 Replies
I didn't want to hijack her thread.

I was surprised by how many people say they do not drink. Mind telling us why?

Under age? Alcoholism run in the family? Religious reasons? Spill it, why do so many of you have dry homes?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy211983
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:08 AM
8 moms liked this
I'm a recovering heroin addict. When I do one thing and start down that road I become more likely to go back to old habits. Keeping clean has to be all or nothing for me.
My husband feels like he has the potential to be an alcoholic so this combined lead to our choice to not have alcohol in our home.
sunangel803
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I will drink occasionally. Usually just one of whatever (can, glass, mixed drink) and that's it. Anymore and I start feeling sick. I don't have the tolerance I had in college :)
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't exactly NOT drink... It just isn't something I seek out, I guess. I can go years without having a sip of alcohol, and we just never buy any. No real reasons. I'm a stoner though, maybe that is the reason I don't know, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this
Alcohol tastes like the smell of nail polish remover to me.
Heisenberg
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I have problems with alcohol.

myflowerasd
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Religious reasons.
TheDrsRose
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Quoting Heisenberg:

I have problems with alcohol.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for being honest and answering my nosey question. I think it's great that it was a joint decision to benefit both of you. Also, I think it's great you are recovering.

Quoting mommy211983: I'm a recovering heroin addict. When I do one thing and start down that road I become more likely to go back to old habits. Keeping clean has to be all or nothing for me.
My husband feels like he has the potential to be an alcoholic so this combined lead to our choice to not have alcohol in our home.
Ultrakiwi
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I drink once a year, so I don't know if I count. The reasons for me are:
I can't handle my alcohol
I have an addictive personality.
It will make you gain weight, and quite a bit. One shot of vodka is over 100 calories.
I generally only drink water, with the exception of occasional unsweetened tea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I have noticed my tastes in alcohol have changed over the course of time as well. Life is too short to do something you don't have to and don't enjoy doing, and that includes drinking something you don't like.

Quoting sunangel803: I will drink occasionally. Usually just one of whatever (can, glass, mixed drink) and that's it. Anymore and I start feeling sick. I don't have the tolerance I had in college :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)