Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm a grown man I can do what I want"

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 301 Replies

Ok so here's the deal .. my SO is 31 and we've been together for a little over 3 years.   We also live together and are planning on getting married as soon as we're financially able to.  

He comes and goes whever he pleases .. he gets off work and doesn't always come home and when he does he never calls to let me know he's going to be late and then I worry.  He will also get up in the morning and leave while I'm asleep not even stopping to tell me "Hey, I have stuff to do I'll be back in a bit" or at the very least leave a note or send a message to me on FB or SOMETHING.  

Would this behavior from your SO/DH piss you off?  How can I get it across to him that I understand he's a grown man and can do what he wants and needs to do without giving me a play by play.. but I just want to be a little on the inside instead of completely ignored.  I feel that he's acting like a single man..  
I've tried to talk to him about this before and just get the "I can take care of myself don't worry about me response." 

Ugh .. What do I do?  :/

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM
117 moms liked this
I wouldn't marry him if he has no regard for your feelings already
Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM
19 moms liked this

That doesn't sound like a guy who is intereted in a partnership.  I wouldn't marry him.

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
4 moms liked this
Prior to children, I wouldn't have cared. Now that we have a child, it's just respectful to keep each other updated.
kmeow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
8 moms liked this

It's just disrespectful. It's common courtesy to let someone know where you are/when you'll be home, IMO. If he won't listen, I would say there's not much you can do. Either put up with it, or don't, because he doesn't seem willing to change.

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM
39 moms liked this

*blink blink blink* How did you reach the 3 years and engaged stage with this asshole? Women have really low standards.

abbysmom12913
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM
6 moms liked this
If he was acting like a grown man he would be telling you his partner about his life. He seems very selfish your supposed to be sharing your lives and taking e a ach others feelings inti account. You have to figure out how you feel about this.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this

That's completely disrespectful. I wouldn't marry a man who had so little regard for other people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM
12 moms liked this
You're not in a relationship. You're a piece of a**. Have some respect for yourself and move on.
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM
5 moms liked this
He sounds rather immature and would reconsider marrying him. He is showing his true colors. If he can't communicate his plans to you what else is he not telling you?
sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh...yeah that would really piss me off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)