Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy $*** he was Sexting!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 228 Replies

Dad Charged With Toddler's Hot Car Death Was Sexting While Boy Died: Cop

PHOTO: Justin Ross Harris, the father of a toddler who died after police say he was left in a hot car for about seven hours, is seen during his bond hearing at Cobb County Magistrate Court, July 3, 2014, in Marietta, Ga.
AUTO START: ON OFF

The Georgia dad charged with killing his toddler son by leaving the boy in a hot car all day was exchanging graphic texts with multiple woman, including a teenage girl, in the hours before he found the boy dead, a detective testified today at a court hearing.

The prosecutor said that he brought up the sexting on the messaging app Kik during the probable cause hearing because it "goes to the state of mind" of the defendant, Justin Ross Harris.

"He wanted to live a child free life," the prosecutor said.

Mother of Toddler Killed in Hot Car Researched Child Deaths, Warrant Says

Dad of Tot Killed in Hot Car Researched Child Deaths: Warrant

Video: Georgia Father Charged With Murder in Infant's Death

The detective said that one of the females Harris sexted with was 17.

Cobb County Police Department Detective Phil Stoddard told the court that before little Cooper Harris died, his father took him to a Chik-fil-A restaurant for breakfast and while buckling the boy back into his car seat, "Cooper gives him a kiss and he [Harris] gave him a kiss back."

Stoddard testified that before the boy died, Harris had visited the website Reddit to search for articles on life without children, and viewed videos on Reddit that showed people dying -- by suicide or execution, in some cases.

Harris, 33, had also twice viewed a video that shows the painful death of animals left in hot cars, and had searched for how to survive in prison, according to searches of his laptop, Stoddard said.

The detective said both Harris and his wife, Leanna Harris, seemed unemotional after learning their son died. Harris never called 911 after finding the boy unresponsive in his SUV on June 18, Stoddard said.

The detective told the court that Cooper suffered a "painful death."

But Harris told his wife the boy "looked peaceful ... his eyes and his mouth were closed," Stoddard recalled of the pair meeting at the police station. The detective added under questioning, however, that photos taken by police show that the boy's eyes and mouth were not closed.

At one point, Harris told his wife: "I dreaded how he looked," according to Stoddard's testimony.

And Leanna Harris asked her husband, "Did you say too much?" during police questioning, Stoddard said.

The detective also raised some points about the wife's behavior in his testimony. He said that employees at the day care center said that when she went to pick up her son and was told her husband hadn't drop off Cooper that morning, she said moments later, "Ross must have left him in the car."

The officer also said that he clearly heard a phone call between Leanna Harris and her mother in which Cooper's grandmother was distraught over the news of the boy's death and asked her daughter, "Why aren't you crying." Leanna Harris replied, "I must be in shock," Stoddard said.

There were also marks on Cooper's face and abrasions on the back of his head, the officer said.

Harris and his wife had two insurance policies on their son, one worth $2,000 through Home Depot, where Harris worked, and a second policy worth $25,000 the couple took out in November 2012, Stoddard said.

Police noticed a "foul stench or odor" coming from the vehicle and hour and a half after Cooper was removed, Stoddard said, suggesting Harris would have also realized the smell.

"It smelled like decomposition, or death," Stoddard said.

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Why does it matter that he was sexting?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:53 PM
What does sexting have to do with a dead baby?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:53 PM
He makes me sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Who cares??? Seriously
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Leaving the kid in the car was awful, sexting? Not so awful.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
5 moms liked this
Disgusting. I believe they both planned this together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That man is sick

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Sexting isn't the problem I have. I have a problem with it seeming intentional.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this

anony can't read?

Quoting Anonymous: Why does it matter that he was sexting?

KaitlynEileen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM
7 moms liked this
How disgusting. That poor precious boy. I hope both of them rot in hell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN