Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really Dissapointed in My Husband

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM
  • 48 Replies
Our 9th wedding anniversary was yesterday. We both had to work (me second shift, him third), so we exchanged gifts and cards in the morning and made plans for the next day (today) to go have a nice lunch and do some other fun things alone for once while our daughter was spending time with her cousin and grandparents. Last night, my brother asked me to go to lunch and garage sale shopping today, but I declined because of the plans I had with my husband. I was really excited about those plans.
Fast forward to this morning. He came home at 7:15, woke me and our daughter up at 8:30. He and I spent a little time outside in between getting our daughter ready to go. Just before her grandpa came to get her, my husband gets call from his friend in Rhode Island. I knew they would be on the phone for awhile, buy I wasn't concerned since it was only maybe 10 am. I was patient while he sipped beers and chatted until noon. When I asked him if he was going to be on the phone awhile and he said yes, I decided to leave and run to get a couple things from the store. When I got back around 1 pm, he was still on the phone and fairly tipsy. I ended up doing some housework and cutting his aunt's hair while he continued talking and drinking, and I'm getting pretty frustrated by this point. I waited another half hour, then finally left without a word at 2:30 to do some errands I could no longer put off. When I got home at 3:30, it was to find an empty case of beer and a husband passed out on the bed.
I am so dissapointed. I could have had lunch with my brother or done something else while he talked on the phone for 4 hours. I'm also dissapointed in his friend, who my husband told at the beginning of the conversation of our plans.
What a crappy anniversary. I think I'll be staying home tomorrow instead of going to the cook out at his brother's house. I don't even want to see my husband's face right now.

EDIT: I should have been more clear, he did not drink a whole case of beer, he drank what was left of a case from last weekend's bonfire. There were maybe 6 left in the box, and I found the now empty box next to the trash can when I got home the second time. Lastly, since many seemed to miss it, he is a third shift worker, and having a beer at 10am for him is like a 'regular' person having a beer at 9pm.
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
9 moms liked this

You should have asked him to get off the phone and call his friend later. You were being way too passive.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I'd be livid, too. That is very disrespectful. Does he know you're upset yet? How old is he? I'm pretty intolerant when it comes to juvenile behavior. I made it pretty clear early on that if my husband didn't want to pay attention to to me I would find someone who would. I think that's the attitude you need to have with men. Keeps them on their toes.
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM
This you should of said something

Quoting rockinmomto2:

You should have asked him to get off the phone and call his friend later. You were being way too passive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I'd be pissed too. Why didn't you mention it to him? I would have politely said 'hey honey we need to go'. My husband has a friend that calls all the time and likes to talk for HOURS. DH loves his friend but hates talking to him on the phone because it's irritating and an inconvenience, so he doesn't even answer the phone when he calls now. I would talk to my husband if I were in your situation, but that's just me.
JenGo
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Wow. That is horrible. I'm sorry!
Maybe you need to take yourself out for a nice lunch alone while your husband is at his brothers.

boricua3177
by Monica on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Wtf? What dude talks on the phone that much? Lol! OP, several years ago my dh got drunk as shit on our anniversary before we got a chance to do something. I was pissed off too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eclaudin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Normally I am not passive at all, but very hot headed. But since I knee we wouldn't leave until at least noon, I figured he might as well talk awhile. I thought for sure by the time I got back from the store, he'd be done. But by the time I got there and he was tipsy, I wasn't so sure I even wanted to go with him anymore. If I had engaged him, I would have just lost it, and I won't embarrass myself with someone listening on the phone.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Agreed. Could have easily said hon we got to go, can you call him back later.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM
I'm sorry.

I wouldn't be that nice. I would have kept bugging DF about our plans until he got off the phone.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Why didn't you ask him to get off the phone an hour into it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)