Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Or we could just shoot him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My mother is driving me nuts. We have a dog (he was dumped on us by my sister almost 2 months ago) that has tried to kill my cat several times now and he keeps injuring my child so we have decided to rehome him and we are being 100% open and telling these people what they would be dedicating to with this dog. Out of five original candidates for him we are down to one truly dedicated guy that says he will make it work and we are going to do a meet and greet with him tomorrow so he can meet this dog and we will see if they click or not. And now, of course, my mother is complaining saying we can't do that yet years ago when my brother got a dog she actually started losing her mind slowly and one day she decided to attack my mothers cat. My mother called the pound and had her picked up and put down that day but if a dog is attacking my cat and hurting my child it is apparently ok.

Like I feel bad that we are having to rehome him but I cannot keep him and IMO finding someone to take him is a lot better than putting him in the pound where it is likely he will be killed.

I am just like, this is hard enough for me without my mother doing this to me. I do love this dog BUT I cannot keep him because my child and my cat are in danger while I have this dog in my house so this is what I have to do.

ETA title is because that is what my brother suggested we do with him but that is because he doesn't give two shits about animals.. He learned that from my father though.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM

B

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM

U

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I would do the same. You are trying to do the right thing. You are not putting him to sleep or dropping him off at a shelter.

Mom100WV
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM

You're doing the best possible thing.  I think your mom might be crazy.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

She actually thinks dropping him off at a shelter would be better because then we KNOW he is being cared for which is a TON of BS. I have been to the local shelters and they are terrible. Dogs standing in their own pee and poo because they have pottied in their kennels probably because of how long they have been waiting to be walked. It smells like straight up ammonia. It is just BAD and I could never leave him there. I think it is better to give him a chance with someone who can do a lot more for him than DH and I can especially because this is a retired person who doesn't have any kids with him, no other animals. It is just him and his wife and they were looking for a pet to fill that empty nest syndrome.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

I would do the same. You are trying to do the right thing. You are not putting him to sleep or dropping him off at a shelter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM

She actually is a bit off her rocker. She thinks I am terrible for trying to find him a new home rather than dumping him at our shelter which is already way over it's max for animals, yet they keep taking more anyways.

Quoting Mom100WV:

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Rehome him, tell your mom you dropped him off at a shelter.
Then stop telling her details of your life. She obviously doesn't care about you and your family.
Mom100WV
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM

She sounds just like my mom.  Basically, if it's not her idea, something is wrong with it.  Oh, but she is good for a laugh, you know...behind her back... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

She actually is a bit off her rocker. She thinks I am terrible for trying to find him a new home rather than dumping him at our shelter which is already way over it's max for animals, yet they keep taking more anyways.

Quoting Mom100WV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM

My mother lives with us. Kind of hard to avoid that.

Quoting AngryBob: Rehome him, tell your mom you dropped him off at a shelter. Then stop telling her details of your life. She obviously doesn't care about you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)