Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a third shelf dishwasher?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
  • 48 Replies
I have a whirlpool dishwasher that is about 10 years old and is nearing the end of it's life. I am looking at replacements so I can budget it's replacement. The thing I absolutely LOVE about this dishwasher is that it has a third rack at the bottom for larger flat dishes. Such as my 12" skillet, serving platters, lids etc.

The problem I'm encountering is that the only ones I can find with the third shelf (Bosch and Kitchen Aid brand) are $1,500-2,000! Yikes! I don't want to spend quite that much on a new washer.

So my question is if you have one, what brand is it? If you don't have one with a third shelf, what do you recommend? Pro's? Con's?
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Bump
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Bump
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Bump for you
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Quoting proudmommy690: Bump for you
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Bump. Surely I'm not the only one that bought one of these lol.
hwblyf
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I have a third shelf, but it's at the top for small/long items (spatulas and such).  I love it.  But that could be because it cleans and my previous one didn't.  But I do find it convenient.  I have a Bosch.  But the important thing to me was that it cleaned.  Clean dishes are worth it.

usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM

omg  a third shelf?  damn i def have had mine too long.  have to google this.  I tend to use things until they are about to go then i start shopping.  have to see this  and maybe kick my dw a few times to get one.  I put whatever and everything I can in my dw! I would say splurge.... off to go check it out 

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I wish.. but saying as the place I lived before this didn't even have a garbage disposer, lol I'm not complaining
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No, Ive never seen one either.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I am seeing a lot of this. I don't mind it, but I love being able to wash my platters and such.

Quoting hwblyf:

I have a third shelf, but it's at the top for small/long items (spatulas and such).  I love it.  But that could be because it cleans and my previous one didn't.  But I do find it convenient.  I have a Bosch.  But the important thing to me was that it cleaned.  Clean dishes are worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN