Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is with all the slut shaming lately?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

A post where a mother is seeking advice about letting her pregnant 15 year old daughter date or not has been met with some seriously f*cked up post about how slutty the daughter must be to jump from d*ick to d*ick.

And another post about an 11 year old wearing heels (which aren't high) has also been hit with the slut shaming train.

And earlier this week there was a post asking about what age it is ok for a girl to wear bikinis. There were some women who have stated that bikinis should not be worn on any body for the attention they bring.

Is this the general consensus of mothers today? Or are these slut shaming comments the small vocal minority trying to make themselves bigger?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's anything new, and I actually think it's moving towards change, though it has a long way to go.

Sex is still seen as nasty and dirty. People choose to believe blindly instead of looking at WHY we believe that. It all goes back to women being sold to their husbands by their fathers. Of course a lot of it is religion as well.
mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM
2 moms liked this
The problem is when you let people be anonymous they become different then they would ever be. Because they can be cruel without consequences. Sad but true.
Kiss-Me-Kate
by Kate on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

As a general rule, CM is wayyyyy more conservative and reactionary/fearful as a result than the general population.

It's appalling that these women are raising girls. It's even more appalling that they're raising boys with these attitudes.

THIS is who the Robin Thicke's and all those charming republican senators who say women deserve to get raped or that if they didn't really want to be raped, they wouldn't get pregnant, come from.

Women who slut-shame or body shame are like slaves defending masters.

zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I only agree kind of with the 15 yo thingy. I wouldn't call it "jumping from d*ck to d*ck" but she haas more import things to do then that. Other than that heels, bikinis and dating are fine with me.

Happy big sister to be! Nov. 2014!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:59 AM

So could it just be that reasonable women don't bother posting if they don't have anything constructive to say?

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:02 AM
2 moms liked this
It drives me crazy, too. However my opinions on sexuality are very different from most of the women here from what I have observed, even the more liberal ones. I think slut shaming is disgusting, and it is particularly disgusting when applied to young girls over things such as shoes and swimwear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Sorry, but this is an Internet forum. While some of the comments you listed are horrible, I find some of the liberal attitudes to be horrible. I try to respectfully comment based on the moral standards imposed in my family and end up getting insulted. You see it works both ways. A prime example would be the poster who compared women who are more conservative to slaves. Yeah, that was really productive comment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I think that comment was reflecting the attitudes of prominent conservatives in the public (the loudest and most aggressive being males) and the trickling effect their attitudes have on their constituency. Such a strong effect that women who slut shame seem to only be doing so by command.

While it i an internet forum, I was under the impression that this site was more or less even demographically.

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, but this is an Internet forum. While some of the comments you listed are horrible, I find some of the liberal attitudes to be horrible. I try to respectfully comment based on the moral standards imposed in my family and end up getting insulted. You see it works both ways. A prime example would be the poster who compared women who are more conservative to slaves. Yeah, that was really productive comment.

Cherish77
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM

I don't believe anybody needs to date under the age of 16.  They have their whole adult life to date.

To me High heels are just shoes, I honestly have no issue with a kid in heels, it makes them feel pretty.

Bikinis are just swimwear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM

What is dating to you? Is love and sex involved? I see dating as the period where you get to know the person and decide if that person is a good fit for you and your life. I believe it to be a very important life skill to learn and that it should be learned before one becomes an adult.

Quoting Cherish77:

I don't believe anybody needs to date under the age of 16.  They have their whole adult life to date.

To me High heels are just shoes, I honestly have no issue with a kid in heels, it makes them feel pretty.

Bikinis are just swimwear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN