Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the drinking and driving poster

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Your post, even though it is now deleted, was probably one of the most infuriating things I have ever read. You were upset with cops for letting you go for no fucking insurance card when previously, you drank 2 bottles of wine and were on your way to get MORE wine. When someone asked if you think you should have gotten a DUI, you said yes, then one you started being ripped to shreds said you were upset with the officer for letting you go due to no proof of insurance. You clearly have no moral conviction at all, and were more concerned with the insurance aspect of this story than the fact that you were DRUNK driving a car. Never mind if you had killed yourself, what if you had killed someone else? You literally have made me feel nauseous.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM
That's freaking terrible!! I'll never understand people. It's not cool to drink and drive, I worked with a girl, a nurse no less, that thought her drunk driving stories were awesome and would tell them to anyone, she totaled 3 cars in these accidents.

Quoting Anonymous: Basically it was a brag about how she got past a road block after drinking 2 bottles of wine, on her way to get more and she admitted she should have gotten a DUI but didn't. She also didn't get in trouble for failure to prove insurance because she was "someone" in the community. Of course, deleted the post when she was ripped to shreds.

Quoting Anonymous: I missed that post but I can't tolerate people that think it's ok to drink and drive, I would have been as infuriated as you if I had read it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM
That's awful. I'm a nurse, too. I have seen horrible, horrible things happen to people as a result of someone else (or themselves) drinking and driving. I can't believe she wouldn't be scared shitless of ending up like that!

Quoting Anonymous: That's freaking terrible!! I'll never understand people. It's not cool to drink and drive, I worked with a girl, a nurse no less, that thought her drunk driving stories were awesome and would tell them to anyone, she totaled 3 cars in these accidents.

Quoting Anonymous: Basically it was a brag about how she got past a road block after drinking 2 bottles of wine, on her way to get more and she admitted she should have gotten a DUI but didn't. She also didn't get in trouble for failure to prove insurance because she was "someone" in the community. Of course, deleted the post when she was ripped to shreds.

Quoting Anonymous: I missed that post but I can't tolerate people that think it's ok to drink and drive, I would have been as infuriated as you if I had read it.
heidi749
by Canadian on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM

I missed that, but holy hell, wtf is wrong with people these days ? 2 bottles of wine, I would not be seeing straight at all, never mind trying to drive..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Yes, and on her way to get more! Like I said, it was absolutely infuriating!

Quoting heidi749:

I missed that, but holy hell, wtf is wrong with people these days ? 2 bottles of wine, I would not be seeing straight at all, never mind trying to drive..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Same here, listening to her talk about it made me I'll. I never said anything just walked away. Work is not the place to confront someone but the other young nurses just stood by wowing at her story of getting away with wrecking her car while drunk and being just fine. The things I see at work have made me a very cautious person. Life can change in an instant!

Quoting Anonymous: That's awful. I'm a nurse, too. I have seen horrible, horrible things happen to people as a result of someone else (or themselves) drinking and driving. I can't believe she wouldn't be scared shitless of ending up like that!

Quoting Anonymous: That's freaking terrible!! I'll never understand people. It's not cool to drink and drive, I worked with a girl, a nurse no less, that thought her drunk driving stories were awesome and would tell them to anyone, she totaled 3 cars in these accidents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Exactly!!!

Quoting Anonymous: Same here, listening to her talk about it made me I'll. I never said anything just walked away. Work is not the place to confront someone but the other young nurses just stood by wowing at her story of getting away with wrecking her car while drunk and being just fine. The things I see at work have made me a very cautious person. Life can change in an instant!

Quoting Anonymous: That's awful. I'm a nurse, too. I have seen horrible, horrible things happen to people as a result of someone else (or themselves) drinking and driving. I can't believe she wouldn't be scared shitless of ending up like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN