Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't see how people wean their kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I've been slowly trying to nudge my LO towards weaning from the breast, but it's hard. We are down to 1-3 times a day, but it's hard saying no or distracting her when those little eyes are looking at me, and that sweet little voice is asking to nurse. :(

She is so funny about nursing, too. She loves it so much. She will kiss and hug my breast after she is done and say "I love my Milkie". Or she will say "here comes the big one" when she is about to nurse from the side that produces more. LOL. Anyway...this is hard :(.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM

how old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM
2 1/2

Quoting Anonymous:

how old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM
We're all waiting for you to tell us her age
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I would be weirder out by my kid hugging my breast and kissing it. Just tell her she is a big kid now and big kids drink milk from a cup.
Snakecharmer76
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a hard time weaning my son too. I started to drop feedings gradually and then finally when we were down to just once a day (bedtime) I went away for a weekend with a girlfriend and left the kids with hubby. When I came back he asked again for the boob but I just said that they was no more mommy's milk and offered him water or regular milk instead. Good luck!

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you're a troll. 'Cause this is just too ridiculous to be true. Here comes the big one? Troll, please.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Ok, when a child is old enough to say "Here comes the big one", it's definitely time to wean.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM

This!

Quoting Anonymous: I would be weirder out by my kid hugging my breast and kissing it. Just tell her she is a big kid now and big kids drink milk from a cup.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Id be weirded out if my kid did and said that. Tell her time for a big girl cup and put milk in there. And just say no if she tries to,nurse. Remember you are the adult she is the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Shocked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN