Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 8 yr old isn't potty trained.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And I am so beyond frustrating with dealing with his accidents I want to give up sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Try the potty party method. Buy him the doll that wets and everything. 

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Or maybe he's terrified of his crazy ass mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is 7, and he has regressed. Has been having pee accidents daily. I am so fed up and tired of this shit. He still shits himself every fucking night. They claim he's special needs but his mind is on point. I think he's just being fucking lazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:15 PM

no kidding.  I get the frustration though.  Seriously i do.  It's unimaginable.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Or maybe he's terrified of his crazy ass mother.
Quoting Anonymous:

My son is 7, and he has regressed. Has been having pee accidents daily. I am so fed up and tired of this shit. He still shits himself every fucking night. They claim he's special needs but his mind is on point. I think he's just being fucking lazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM

He's not scared of me. I'm frustrated. Excuse me for being fucking frustrated having to change pull ups and pampers on a 7 year old. Nastiest smelling shits ever and he doesn't even try. I don't yell at him. He's in time out right now because he decided to piss himself when the bathroom is right there. After 4 1/2 yrs of potty training failures you'd be pissed off too.

Quoting Anonymous:

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM
He could be constipated. My son is also 8 and has always had trouble pooping in the toilet. He has a condition called encopresis which is basically chronic constipation. The thing is that I didn't know he was constipated for the longest time because there would be so much poop in his underwear. It turns out the soft stuff would leak around the hard stuff (sorry if this is all tmi) and make him have accidents but he was still stopped up.

Quoting Anonymous:

throughout the day.  He'll pee in the toilet (most of the time) but not poop.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Are we talking all throughout the day or just at bedtime? Can you give some more detail?

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Have you gotten tests ran from the doctor to make sure everything is working properly? I think they can give you a prescription for pull ups if your insurance covers it...at least it will minimize some of your other issues until you can get things figured out. Potty training can be one of the hardest and most confusing things when raising a kid. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not silly at all, and I've tried it lol

I've tried pretty much everything.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Can you get a fun potty chair for him that makes noises/songs? Might sound silly but have you thought about tryingi that?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, he just doesn't really care about going in the toilet.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Is he afraid of the toilet at all? Any bad experiences in the past? Like maybe it's overflowed once and scared him...anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Are we talking all throughout the day or just at bedtime? Can you give some more detail?

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I had the same problem. We started to set a timer for him. My DS is ASD. He has been 100% PT since he was 11.  We did diapers at night and during the day a tier. No liquids or solids after 6 helped a lot too. Potty before bed and it started to turn around. Aldo picture charts. Social stories, etc. Not to say that you haven't done these things but sometimes it helps to take a step back and re evaluate. Start fresh.  ABA therapy too. GL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

time out for peeing himself?

.....Yea.  I get that your frustrated but your not going to make things better that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not scared of me. I'm frustrated. Excuse me for being fucking frustrated having to change pull ups and pampers on a 7 year old. Nastiest smelling shits ever and he doesn't even try. I don't yell at him. He's in time out right now because he decided to piss himself when the bathroom is right there. After 4 1/2 yrs of potty training failures you'd be pissed off too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM

He has encropresis, but even when he isn't constipated it happens.  It just nonstop.  If he's doing something he'd rather do than poop or pee, he just goes in his pants.

Quoting gcstar42: He could be constipated. My son is also 8 and has always had trouble pooping in the toilet. He has a condition called encopresis which is basically chronic constipation. The thing is that I didn't know he was constipated for the longest time because there would be so much poop in his underwear. It turns out the soft stuff would leak around the hard stuff (sorry if this is all tmi) and make him have accidents but he was still stopped up.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I haven't done social stories.  Worth a try, thank you.  

Quoting Baby4us09:

I had the same problem. We started to set a timer for him. My DS is ASD. He has been 100% PT since he was 11.  We did diapers at night and during the day a tier. No liquids or solids after 6 helped a lot too. Potty before bed and it started to turn around. Aldo picture charts. Social stories, etc. Not to say that you haven't done these things but sometimes it helps to take a step back and re evaluate. Start fresh.  ABA therapy too. GL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN