Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No SM your family is not his family!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 594 Replies
DS came home from Ex and SMs house a few days ago and this has been bothering me.

I asked DS what he did he said one day while dad was at work SM took him to her hometown (about an hour away from their house) and he played with his cousins. I thought he meant they met up w his cousins on his dads side. But he told me they met up with SMs sister who he called his aunt, and she has a daughter he plays with. He then told me they went to lunch with grandma and great grandma... how do I explain to him they aren't his family?!

I sent an email to SM to let her know that if she continues to cross this line w me that we will be going to court. I want her and her family our of my sons life!
I have told my ex that they are not family and he shouldnt be calling them such because when him and SM split up that "family" will no longer be there. They are not his family and thos bounderies just need to be respected!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
razorbackfan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
17 moms liked this
My mom had a step dad. I call her step siblings aunt and uncle and thikr kids my cousins. I have a step nephew he calls me aunt and I love it. I really don't see anything wrong with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM
81 moms liked this

You dont explain anything to him. They are his family and you need to get over that.

Good luck with court, they wont do anything for you. Just because you guys broke up doesnt mean that they will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM
53 moms liked this
Ugg... you are a moron! Step mom or not, her family is now your child's family. At least they accept your child and want to include him. People like you need help... seriously!
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
55 moms liked this
I think you should be appreciative that she treats your son like family.

You are over reacting, and whether you like it or not, she is his family now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
6 moms liked this

When I was a kid I had a stepmom. I considered her kids my siblings and their cousins my cousins. I even called SMs parents grandma and grandpa. I saw no big deal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
6 moms liked this
.... Why are you so being so petty. And what makes you think they are going to break up.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
47 moms liked this

How sad. I want as many people that love my children in their lives as possible.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
12 moms liked this

Im so glad I didnt marry a used man

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
25 moms liked this
Court for what?! God some of you ladies are nuts on here!
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
11 moms liked this

Ehhh if they make him part of the family whats the big fucking deal.   OP you seem to be a mean spirited bitch. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)