Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you support them having charges pressed against them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
My best friend's daughter goes to camp at a local college. The students sleep in the dorms there and take a two night trip to the city. The rooms they rent out are like suites and the counsellor sleeps in an alcove in the living room to prevent any funny business. Her daughter is 12, the girls in question here are 13.

They wanted to sneak out and wander around so they hatched the plan to put melatonin or some other sleep aid in the counsellors drink. She was obviously knocked out, the girls got caught quickly and when the counsellor was so groggy she wasn't waking up, they confessed what happened to her boss. The counsellor is a 20yo college student.

Her boss called the police. The counsellor wants to press charges. The girls could face very serious ones. What do you think- too harsh or deserved?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Deserved. 

chelsimom3
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Deserved, that's terrible.  I think of how I would feel if my dd was the one being drugged.  Press charges before the behaviors kill someone.

lukesmom2002
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Deserved.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Deserved.
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Deserved
smurfette1903
by Goat Herder on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Deserved. Those girls need to be scared for pulling this stunt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Deserved.  What if something had happened to the counselor?  Plus, if they get off on this, they're going to think they can get away with bigger things and hurting people.  Better to teach them a lesson now.

donnag013
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
7 moms liked this

Deserved - they DRUGGED someone. Yes, it was just melatonin, but they had no right to give anyone ANYTHING they did not know aobut. That's assault. They need to learn this lesson HARD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Beyond deserved. They might as well learn early on that actions come with consequences.
AubryJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM
They're old enough to know better. I'd hold nothing against the counselor if she choose to press charges. How much melatonin did they give her to knock her out and make her groggy? Where'd they get it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)