Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone asked for a separation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

Has anyone here ever asked their spouse for a separation? What was the outcome? Why did you need to separate in the first place? Some stuff is happening in my marriage that's got me really questioning things. I've weathered ups and downs, and I  know that marriages go through stages... sometimes you're more 'in love' than at other times. I get that. But this goes farther than whether or not we love each other. I'm sad... I'm questioning myself... and how he approaches fatherhood, views he holds about raising children that aren't we what discussed before ever tying the knot. I don't know whether I should even bring anything up because I'm... I don't know, afraid seems like too harsh a word, but I can't think of any other better way to describe what I feel. Anxious, maybe? I find myself walking on egg shells around him, afraid of hearing how disappointed he is in me and my multitude of mistakes, of being berrated because I'm incapable of x, y, z. How horribly -angry- he gets at the kids, at not feeling like I'm appreciated. And he's so afraid of accidentally getting me pregnant, he won't have sex. It's been a very long time. He says he's going to get a vasectomy, but he's been talking about it for months and just doesn't do anything to get it done. I asked once if he'd called to get an appointment to talk about it...and he got so angry with me, said that he'd had much more important things to do and it just wasn't a priority. 

I'm rambling. If you've read this much, thanks. Any sort of input would be very appreciated. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Bump. Been a bad day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Bump. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM

No one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Thanks for the bump. 

Quoting Anonymous:

bump

suzanneyea
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM

If my husband treated my children poorly, I would have him leave. My husband can be a jerk, but mostly to me! Lol.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Have you guys tried counseling
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I asked for a separation, for some of the same reasons you list. 

It scared him straight - made him realize his behavior was unacceptable, and that change was required. I fully intended on separation, but it became unnecessary. 

Good luck, OP.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I would just tell him you want a divorce if you have reached that breaking point. No sense in having him get so angry at your kids, they are innocent in the whole thing. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I haven't but based on the way you describe your marriage a seperation might be a good thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN