Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

REALLY! Why would someone say something so stuipd bout my DD

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 36 Replies

So my DD is is 7 years old almost 8. She is tall for her age but her dad is 6'4. So the other day she was outside riding her bike with friends, then came home crying I tried to talk to her but she would talk to me. So I decided to wait until after dinner to talk to her again that way she had time to cool off.

So at dinner she wouldn't touch her dinner and it was her favorite dinner. So after dinner she took a shower and I sat down with her. She told me that a couple of other kids told her she was fat and that she needed to go on a diet. I told her that she is NOT fat and that those kids were just being mean and trying to hurt her feeling. Well she is still not wanting to eat and i'm at my wits end. I cant seem to get thourgh to her I need advice PLEASE!

This is my daughter, she is NOT fat!

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell her that is one word that people use to hurt, because they feel bad about themselves. Might as well tell her now, the next is "bitch". People are mean, very mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Aw poor kiddo.

I was always 6 inches taller than most girls my age. And was a c cup bra by the 5th grade.

They also told me I was fat when I was actually underweight for my height.. and I believed them for years..

Maybe you could take her to the doctor, have him/her explain that she's not fat.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
She's adorable and not fat what so ever. People are cruel.
happymia
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Sooooooooooooo not fat. She is beautiful! Stupid little kids. I don't know why kids are so mean.
southernangel1
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Some kids are just mean, a product of their upbringing. I was super thin in middle school & high school (I was a dancer). And they called me chicken legs because my legs were so thin! Tell her to forget the haters!!
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Boo. I am so not looking forward to this type of thing and raising girls.

I like a pp who said take her to a doc and maybe start in in some self esteem and confidence boosters. There's a lot if cool stuff available on these things on the internet. I know my local rec center does a lot of confidence building workshops for young kiddos.
southernangel1
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Clicked submit too fast! I also meant to say that your DD is cute and is in NO WAY fat!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Nope she's not fat lol now I was a fat 8 year old
I was like 100 pounds kinda funny I'm 20 now and 125 pounds
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Kids are mean.. unfortunately :(

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Kids are mean. She's not fat, she's so pretty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)