Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My oldest son is such a great kid. Happy Independence day!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

We all went into town for the big firework show last night.  Of course there were a ton of people there and the lines for food etc. were crazy long.  We were waiting in line to order a funnel cake for about 20 minutes then we had to wait in the pick up line for about another 20 minutes or so.  I order one for the family and my son ordered his own with his own money (he is 14 years old) because he wanted extra.

Well when we were about a minute from picking our order up (there was a couple in line in front of us then it was our turn) he saw an older man who was with his son and DIL (they were talking and we over heard them, this is how I knew their relationship).  He asked the people why there were two lines and they told him one was to order and the other was to pick up and it would be about 30 minutes.  His eyes got big and said no thank you and walked away (and at this time it was about 10 minutes until the fireworks started up so he would have missed them).

So we picked up our order and started walking to our spot.  My son asked me to hold on one minute.  He went over to the old man and handed him his funnel cake.  The man resisted and looked at him weird.  My son insisted that he took it, the old man did.  He handed his son the plate and hugged my son and said thank you.  I just smiled and waved.  When we got back to our spot I asked him why he did that.  He said that he saw the old man's hat and it was something with the WWII on it and his rank (or whatever, I'm not clear on the details).  He said that if it weren't for that man that we wouldn't be here watching the fireworks and he respects his elders, especially those who fought for our country.  

The old man and his family came over to us when the show was over and shook my DH's hand and complimented us on such a great boy. He wished us a happy Independence day and hugged all of the little kids.   I was so proud of him, he is such an amazing kid.  Such a small act of kindness and appreciation made this veteran so happy.  Then we hung around for a half hour or so and he told us some of his stories from when he was in the military.  It was a great night.

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I thought you are rich?  Those clothes are from walmart. 

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Jay-Z and Beyonce are rich, we are very comfortable.

Actually all of the kids clothes in this picture are from Old Navy and the mat is from Target, lol.  But I would have absolutely no problem buying clothes from Walmart though.

Quoting Anonymous:

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww :) that's pretty awesome of him.

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM
That's what you got from this post????? Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Bought tears to my eyes mama. A son to be very proud of :)
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I teared up on the way home in the car.

If I would have teared up while talking to my son he would have been all weird about it.  He is at that age where he is too cool for everything and everything he does is "whatever", lol.  

Quoting CrossStitchMum: Bought tears to my eyes mama. A son to be very proud of :)

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Not only do you have an awesome ring but you have an awesome child as well.  I am sure that you are all soaked in awseomeness but this is a wonderful thing......Hope you are doing well, my friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM

OP is a proven liar you know,  I doubt that even happened last night except in her head.

Quoting Anonymous:

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Haha! You are awesome!

We're doing very well, enjoying summer.  How about you all?

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Not only do you have an awesome ring but you have an awesome child as well.  I am sure that you are all soaked in awseomeness but this is a wonderful thing......Hope you are doing well, my friend.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would her financial status matter when it comes to their wardrobes?  Did it ever occur to you that they are in the financial position of being comofortable because they don't just go and spend their money on crazy purchases???  SMDH.... of course this memeber would hide behind Anonymous....

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN