Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mistakes you made on your driving test you wish you hadn't made? Please share

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I had posted before about having my driving test for the first time here in the US. I am currently working here as a bilingual teacher, and so far loving Austin, TX. I finally learned how to drive with only the right foot. So I am ready to take the test this coming week.
Can you please share the mistakes you made that you wish you hadn't?
Thanks for your time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I was deducted points for was not checking my rear view mirror enough.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Make sure you can back up in a straight line. I failed the first time around
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I hit the curb parallel parking. I just said "oops, let me just fix that" then parked correctly.
LimeTree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM
When you back up make sure you turn and put your hand on the headrest of the passenger car. Dumbest thing ever but they marked me down for that.

Also, I didn't have my door completely shut (I know!!) the entire test. Lol
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Not stopping at stop signs long enough, but I still passed.

oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Making a big wide turn. Thats my one mistake and turning the car off after lol didnt count towards the scoring. But i still passed.
the.B.karma
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I parallel parked a foot away from what I should have and failed, and forgot to look over my shoulder once..... Moste veryone fails their first time.

heydooney
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
The only things I did wrong were out of nervousness. I stopped at a green light, and I was in a turn lane to go into a parking lot and went straight from it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM
I got "the old lady" who told you to turn right almost after you had passed your place to turn. I failed because she said my right turns were too wide. Well, yeah. My brother told me that if you get her, you just had to drive really slow so you could make those turns if she asked. There's no penalty for going slow :) I passed the second time since I did that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM
The only mistake I made was changing lanes right before a stop sign. I had never driven the area before and I didn't know that 4 way stop had a turn lane( was just redone). I passed my first written and driving tests the first time, BUT, I've been driving since I was 8 years old, on a farm permit.

my advice: know the area you are testing in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)