Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because you can't afford your child doesn't mean I can't

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 331 Replies
28 moms liked this
I asked a girl I know who's pregnant if our local hospital has the equipment to do 3D/4D ultrasounds and she says "no and medicaid doesnt cover it. the closest place to have them done is 3 hours away and it costs way to much and isnt worth it so you wont be able to get them done either". First off I don't get medicaid because I'm not living off of the government. Theres this thing called insurance that you PAY for and either way I have no problem with putting out some money for something I really want. I've already looked up the prices for the place thats three hours away and they honestly aren't as expensive as I expected. They actually have some really good package deals. Maybe it's just the hormones but she pissed me off! Some of us can actually AFFORD our children and can afford to have nice things done! Who the hell just assumes we're all living for free? Theres people out there who are busting their ass at their job everyday just so you can have all you're free shit!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn_alm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM
8 moms liked this

Yeah yeah ok!! Next

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
28 moms liked this

Nobody needs a 3d/4d ultrasound and if you do some research you will see that ultrasound technology is not as harmless as they thought it was.  Excess ultrasounds are a bad idea.  

nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this
That is true but she probably wasn't trying to be mean or rude.
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

This happened to me once, I went to the doctor to see about getting an IUD, she said, "sorry, medicaid doesn't cover that". I was so pissed! If she would have looked at my chart she would have seen that I'd had insurance for years! lol

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM
We did the 4d for my first because it was only $75. It was $200 and through a different office (not a routine appt) so my second got jipped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
6 moms liked this

You must have a certain 'look' to you and she just assumed you were on Medicaid too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, if you didn't look like trash than people wouldn't assume.
armytriplets
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this

That is true. Now try to show a little class.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM
3-D ultrasounds are like fifty bucks I had one a dew months ago. Fifty bucks is not expensive.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM
15 moms liked this

Then CHOOSE to have your baby elsewhere with your able to afford to ass. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN