Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Would You Do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
Thursday while I was working I received a call from my babysitter. I knew something was wrong because she never calls me. I answer the phone and she tells me that my son and some other kids were wrestling and one kid kicked my son in the hand and she thinks his finger is broken. I left work early and I went to pick up my son and daughter and we went to the emergency room.

They took x-rays and discovered that his finger isn't broken, but it is dislocated. The doctor and his physician assistant tried to pop it back into place with no luck.

They decided to transfer us to the main hospital (we were at a stand alone er) where the orthopedist is located. We get to the main hospital er and my son is given 2 doses of a sedative and the er doctor there tells me that the orthopedist told her to try to pop his finger back in place one more time and if it didn't work, then call him. It didn't work. The orthopedist came and he said there must be ligaments or tendons in the way that's keeping the bone from going back into place. Therefore he had to perform emergency surgery on my son to fix everything.

My son is fine and doing well but I'm upset that he had to go through any of that. My son is 5 years old. I found out that the kid that kicked my son in the hand is 10 years old. I thought he was a new day care kid that I just hadn't met. But as my kids described him I realized that he is a neighborhood kid that plays with my babysitter's 8 year old.

The kids were upstairs when this happened and she didn't know. She only found out because my son was crying and my daughter went and told her what happened? Would you be upset about this? Who would you hold responsible? Something that should have been a quick fix became super expensive really fast.

I apologize for this being so long. I'm just looking for some insight and venting.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Do about what the babysitter?
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Accidents happen
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Was this your house or her house? If her house and my insurance covered it I'd do nothing. If my insurance didn't cover it her homeowners should.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
The babysitter she shouldn't leave kids unattended
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
It's not the babysitter's fault. Accidents happen when kids play, especially boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN