Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

yeah but at least my 8 year old isnt a thumb sucker!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ugh i have a family member wh thinks everyone wants her parenting advice. I'm sick of it. I've told her idfara about her opinion but she never shuts up. Today its her insisting i need to quit allowing my DD to have a paci. Dd is 21 months old. She only uses a paci as naps and bed time and its really just for a few minutes. She spits it out once she falls asleep. I'm pleased with it for now.

but I shouldn't have to defend my parenting to anyone. Especially to someone who's 8 year old still sucks their thumb! Seriously. Who is she to give me advice on the subject!?

/end rant
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Feel better?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at almost 2...yeah its time do something about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Well as her parent its no one elses business to tell me how to parent. I had already started the process but that's irrelevant.

don't tell me to take my kids paci away when your 8 year old sucks her thumb. That's what pisses me off most. Unwanted parenting advice is annoying enough. But from a hypocrite just makes it even worse.

Quoting Anonymous: Well at almost 2...yeah its time do something about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
She can say whatever the fuck she wants. Cearly it hit a nerve, probably because you know shes right.

Quoting Anonymous: Well as her parent its no one elses business to tell me how to parent. I had already started the process but that's irrelevant.

don't tell me to take my kids paci away when your 8 year old sucks her thumb. That's what pisses me off most. Unwanted parenting advice is annoying enough. But from a hypocrite just makes it even worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Sure she can. And no it didn't hit a nerve because "she's right". Its my child. If I wanted to allow her a paci til she's 5 I would be confident in my choice.

unless you meant a nerve called annoyance. Then yes. I'm annoyed at her and her unsolicited advice.

Quoting Anonymous: She can say whatever the fuck she wants. Cearly it hit a nerve, probably because you know shes right.

Quoting Anonymous: Well as her parent its no one elses business to tell me how to parent. I had already started the process but that's irrelevant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM
If you say so...but you should try not to get your psnties in a bunch over nothing.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure she can. And no it didn't hit a nerve because "she's right". Its my child. If I wanted to allow her a paci til she's 5 I would be confident in my choice.

unless you meant a nerve called annoyance. Then yes. I'm annoyed at her and her unsolicited advice.

Quoting Anonymous: She can say whatever the fuck she wants. Cearly it hit a nerve, probably because you know shes right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:59 AM
And by the way, in order for her to "be right" shed have to be following her own advice. She's clearly on board with "my child my parenting ways" unless its not her kid then she's the "perfect mother" that wants to tell you hoe she feels you're wrong.

like many of the moms here on CM actually.

Quoting Anonymous: Sure she can. And no it didn't hit a nerve because "she's right". Its my child. If I wanted to allow her a paci til she's 5 I would be confident in my choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Just ignore her my son is 3.5 and he just got rid of his mainly because he lost it a few days ago and had no choice but to go without it. But I would much rather he have it tool he was 4ish than suck his thumb for who knows how long. You can eventually get rid of a paci but you can't ever get rid of a kid's thumb
firemouse23
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM

I really don't like when people are that way.  They see the fault in everyone's parenting style except their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Exactly. I can trash the paci whenever I want. But im sure her kid is being made fun of at school for her thumb sucking. But by all means lets focus on the toddler whose doing a normal toddler thing.

Quoting Anonymous: Just ignore her my son is 3.5 and he just got rid of his mainly because he lost it a few days ago and had no choice but to go without it. But I would much rather he have it tool he was 4ish than suck his thumb for who knows how long. You can eventually get rid of a paci but you can't ever get rid of a kid's thumb
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN