Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want my SO's friend to move in with us.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Before I start explaining my post I want to say that I have nothing against his friend, ( it's going to sound like I'm bashing him)  he's a very nice guy, but there are reason why I don't want him living with us. 

My SO has a best friend that is very codependent on him, and in a weird way my SO is codependent on his friend. To give you an idea, most of the time we go out he invites his friend so his friend can get out his place and do something, they play video games for hours every day together, he has even told me to be his friend and go out with him when he ( my SO) is working. We are moving in a few months to a new house and new state. The other night my SO came to me with the idea of his friend moving in with us when we buy our new house. He went on to say his friend is very lonely and has no reason to stay in this town if my SO isnt there. His friends is 30, never been in a relationship, doesn't have any friends but my SO, just unhappy with his life. He said it would help him.  His friend already has jealous issues with me and my SO's relationship. I tried to explain to my SO that I didn't feel it would be a good idea. One we will be starting OUR life's together in a new house, his friend will either become bitter or overly attached living with us, he cant stay forever and he could become more depressed going from living with people to living alone again. Plus I don't want a roommate.  I really don't see anything that good about it, expect maybe extra money cause he would pay rent.

I haven't straight up told my SO no yet. I feel like I would come off as a bitch if I say no. They are best friends. Am I wrong for not wanting his friend to live with us? Would you be ok with this situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

The first word out of my mouth would be "no". 

AlleyCat08
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM
No.
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Hell no!! It's time they grow up and not be so attached!! I wouldn't allow anyone to move in our home with us ever!! It wouldn't matter who it was
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I see a break up in your near future
snowball32
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Hell no his friend needs to learn to live his own life and be happy.
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

No I wouldn't.  I don't even want to live with any of MY friends never mind a friend of a bf.  I mean what are these guys, ten years old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm getting gay vibes.
SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Definitely not! He needs to understand this is your home, your starting your life together.
His friend needs to build his own life and stop leaching on to yours. He can move to the same state, but live on his own not with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrutalTruth
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM
No...but, I hate living with people in general. Ya know, other than df and my kids, of course.
BrutalTruth
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
The only way to solve this is a sword fight.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm getting gay vibes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)