Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**update at top** WWYD?! *long crazy mil story. skip to end if you dont want to read the crazyness*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
As im feeding the kids dh gets home. He says his mom wants to see the kids before she leaves tuesday.

I said 'ok well were fixing to eat and dd has camp starting tomorrow. (Goes from 830-530. She loves it! Our town is awesome for having this for free!) So she will have ti meet us in town st 530.

He calls and she starts yelling. I didnt hear cause i was in restroom but i could hear the volume.

He says she wants to see them tonight and buy us dinner cauae we must be poor to never go out. Ummm ok not true lol.

Anyways i said no after dinner as ita done. So maybe 630 at the school so they can play. She agrees.

10 minutes later the lady is here! Ugh. She was yelling that i was keeping the kids from her and how we refused to let her see them.

My parents got home (huge land plot w 2 houses) and dad hears her and comes and askes whats happening

She screams at him that he needs to mind his effing business and how dare he speak to her.

He says she needs to leave or hes calling the cops.

I took the kids in and didnt hear what happened but dad called the cops and they removed her.

Dh has 7 voicemails from her he wont listen to. He has it set so she goes to VM and doesnt ring.

Ugh. Guess that solves that.

My MIL is in town cause her niece had a baby (never mind she never even called for weeks after her only grandkids were born).

We dont speak. At all.

Backstory-

She got mad last September because we didnt open ds birthday gifts the minute they arrived. We were 4 hours away at a hospital while my mom was dying in the ICU for 4 days then in a regular room for a week and a half.

When we did get home we told her we had the package (good thing our mail lady is a good friend, she put it in a spare car to keep it dry) but as it was 1030 and ds was asleep we would open the next day.

She started calling me at 5am asking if he opened it. When dswoke at 7 i let him open figuring it was something that could go bad.

It was fudge and a card w a gift card inside.

I took a pic and sent it and recorded ds saying thanks as best he could, he has a serious speech delay.

She claims that he was MOCKING her and how dare I!

Um what?! Ds has been in Speech therapy since he was 2. Hes turning 4. Mocking her? Someone hes met twice?!

She woukd get mad if we didnt sent/post pics of gifts the MOMENT they were opened. Forget spending time w the kid on holiday.

She got mad last march because i had concert tickets w friends for a show in Buffalo (6hrs away) plus waa going ti see my brother who lives there.

She made plans for dh and kids to go to VA for a week without me. When i said i would buy a ticket down and then drove back sje got all upset saying i was going to rewind dhs vacation!

How!? Dh said my idea was great and she dropped it and got me a ticket for birthday.

I kept saying no it was to much and how we had it. She insisted. I said ok.

We went, i flew, then when i landed she demanded the $ for the flight.

She wanted dd 7 to go to va, ALONE for 2 weeks w her and her bf. Dd has met her 3 times. I didnt think this was a good idea and said "maybe we will come down and she can spend day w u and we will go from there, but no promises as dh got a new job and we dont know about vacations. "

She clained we were keeping the kids from her and how she isnt a grandmother etc.

Well yesterday she called dh and said she was in VT. He was kinda started as she is a huge stress on him. This is the convo-

David- um. Ok? Wait, why? And where?
Mil- Cause of the BABY. At least someone wants me around!
d- mom please. We want you around! You are the one who gets upset over silly things.
M- your WIFE denied me the privilege of being a mema by not allowing dd to visit!
D- no she hasnt. All she said was she wasnt ok w a week trip alone. Dd has never been away!
M- why are you making this a fight?
D- *sigh* im sorryma. What can i do?
M- bring me my babys.
D- um ok. Let me feed them as dinner is cooking and we willhead over.
M- no. Now. And whos 'we?!'
D- all of us?
M- *grumble* even wife?
D- of course.
M- id rather not.
D- i will leave that up to her.
Me- *it was on speaker * if i am that big of a problem i will stay home.
M- see?! She just said she would rather not cone.
D- no sje didnt. She knows you dont like her and she wants to make everything easier so shes giving up time w the kids and the chance to meet Shane so she wont be alienated and made to feel like an outcast.
M-*silence*

D- i need to go. I will text when the kids and i are on the way.
M- whatever *fake crying *

I hate this! She acts like im a bad person when im not, at all.

She asked if she can take dd to the movies alone, then to the store to buy things, then dinner. A total of 7 hrs, alone, w her and bf. Given our history, im on the fence.

Would you allow it or no? Shes refusing to do anything w ds and spent the night picking on his Speech dh said.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM
She sounds like freaking brat!
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:32 AM
8 moms liked this

I'm sorry your husband allows her to treat you that way.  He should have put his foot down a long time ago and told her that she will not have any contact with him or the kids unless she can treat you with respect.  period.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM
We "allow" it only because shes nuts.

Wamted to call SPCA on me when dd was 3 months cause i wouldn't let her feed dd chocolate ice cream.

She just acts thay way to get her way.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I'm sorry your husband allows her to treat you that way.  He should have put his foot down a long time ago and told her that she will not have any contact with him or the kids unless she can treat you with respect.  period.  

JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Nope, I wouldn't allow that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I know right?

Would you allow kid to go to the movie today?

Her aunt and i were goingto take her Tuesday like shes been asking since she saw the preview but aunt is willing to give up time so mil doesnt cry. But im not happy

Quoting Anonymous: She sounds like freaking brat!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM
The kids arent his anyways, so she claims.

Never mind they all have the same rib defect, same hair lines and the same freckle in left armpit.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM
5 moms liked this
So she made fun of your 4yr old with a parent right there, and you're considering sending your other child off for an entire day with her unsupervised?

Honestly she sounds completely toxic, and I would be cutting her out of your lives until she can learn to be respectful of your entire family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This woman would have no contact with my children without me being present for every second of it.  And because I don't see any need to subject myself to unnecessary stress, these visits would be short and infrequent.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Stop allowing it and cut out the crazy.  Your husband should not allowing her to treat you that way and you should not be letting her around your children. BTW,  SPCA -- society for the provention of cruelty of animals.  If that is what she called child protection services, I'd laugh at her and tell her that the spca is for animals, not children.  

Quoting Anonymous: We "allow" it only because shes nuts. Wamted to call SPCA on me when dd was 3 months cause i wouldn't let her feed dd chocolate ice cream. She just acts thay way to get her way.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Hell no, and your husband needs to grow some balls and stop letting his mother treat you like that. Unbelieveable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN