Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me figure out my dreams!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

First one is from a couple weeks ago:

Had the most horrible dream last night. In it my mom hadn't actually died, just faked her death and moved to South Africa because she was sick of all of us kids and dad. These past few years she had been doing everything she could to avoid us.

My mom has been dead for almost 4 years now. And she was the most loving mother ever.

These two were from last night:

First:
I was back at my dad's house. My mom was there. It was the middle of the night and I was going to check on our dogs. They were outside in the backyard that night. I had Sydney, Willow, my three childhood dogs and a male mastiff mix. Well, the mastiff was missing. I came inside to tell my mom that I was going to go look for him. My mom said to not bother because animal control just called the house to let us know that one of our neighbors was trying to sell him. They gave us the intersection of North 2nd and Moose Cross, where the transaction was "going down". I had no idea where that intersection was in my hometown, I was frantically trying to put it in my phone, but my phone wouldn't spell "moose". My older brother Larry was there and I kept frantically asking him where it was, he just kept saying "way out in the country".

I was panicking, apparently all animal control did about the situation was to inform us, not to actually stop it. So feeling powerless I went out into the front yard where I saw the neighbor drive up the their house. I immediately ran over to him screaming "where's my dog!?!?!?" Over and over. He tried to ignore me and just go into the house. I screamed again "I am going to wake up your dad and he'll learn how horrible and unneighborly you are!"

I did wake up his dad and when he learned what his son did he had a look of disgust on his face. (This dad of my neighbor's died a few years ago)

I woke up then because it felt so real. That I really had this dog that was stolen and then sold by someone I knew well. I was sad when i first woke up for a few minutes too. And I almost made a post on FB about trying to get help to find my missing dog, it took me a few minutes to realize it was a dream.

Second dream:
Again placed in my old neighborhood. I walked out of my neighbor's house that is two doors down from my parent's house. Apparently that was my house now. A friend of mine was now living in the house between that one and my dad's. He said that he saw my fb post and asked if I needed to talk. I said sure. It was super early in the morning. We walked down to dad's house, which had been sold to an Arabic family. We decided to sit on the lawn and talk.

Well, I looked through the window and saw that the family had kept up a lot of the house decor that dad had. But then their children added a ton of huge paintings on paper on the walls and even outside the house. I was crying because I thought it was so cool that they kept stuff up and then had their kid's stuff up all over like ours used to be, just in a larger scale.

We decided to break in for some strange reason. We went into the playroom and my friend freaked out that we'd get caught so he left. Just then the family started waking up. I didn't have time to get out of there so I pretended to be asleep.

The family saw me and I could hear them quietly say, "maybe she doesn't know that we bought the house. Let's go call the previous owner." They left the room and I was able to sneak back out.

Please help me figure out what my dreams mean!!!!

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ardan85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM
First of all,I feel your pain and sadness. Dreams have a way of making one really think these events are happening. Can you ask your mom through prayer or talking to her to take these dreams away and to send you happy memories while you are awake instead? All of these thoughts , mom, dog even the neighbor are all strong memories maybe you feel like these things are missing from your current life. Sometimes I wake from these types of dreams feeling like I have not slept! Xoxo
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I think a lot of it is because I haven't been home in two years. I miss it so bad. We'll be going home sometime this winter/spring though. I kind of think that the first one, about my mom being alive but in S. Africa and avoiding us is because I felt sort of abandoned after she died. She was my rock, my center, my best friend. I've been like a little lost sheep since she's been gone.

Quoting ardan85: First of all,I feel your pain and sadness. Dreams have a way of making one really think these events are happening. Can you ask your mom through prayer or talking to her to take these dreams away and to send you happy memories while you are awake instead? All of these thoughts , mom, dog even the neighbor are all strong memories maybe you feel like these things are missing from your current life. Sometimes I wake from these types of dreams feeling like I have not slept! Xoxo

ardan85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Yes, that can very well be. Did you read or hear something about S. Africa recently? Maybe that is why that area was in the dream. Have you been finding dimes in strange places?

Quoting Johariz:

I think a lot of it is because I haven't been home in two years. I miss it so bad. We'll be going home sometime this winter/spring though. I kind of think that the first one, about my mom being alive but in S. Africa and avoiding us is because I felt sort of abandoned after she died. She was my rock, my center, my best friend. I've been like a little lost sheep since she's been gone.

Quoting ardan85: First of all,I feel your pain and sadness. Dreams have a way of making one really think these events are happening. Can you ask your mom through prayer or talking to her to take these dreams away and to send you happy memories while you are awake instead? All of these thoughts , mom, dog even the neighbor are all strong memories maybe you feel like these things are missing from your current life. Sometimes I wake from these types of dreams feeling like I have not slept! Xoxo

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Well, I have been playing Civilization before I go to bed at night. So I think that may be part of why it was South Africa.

Dimes? No, why?

Quoting ardan85: Yes, that can very well be. Did you read or hear something about S. Africa recently? Maybe that is why that area was in the dream. Have you been finding dimes in strange places?

Quoting Johariz:

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Deep down you feel betrayed by those closest to you. Figure out why and that will help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)