Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no job, get PA and just spent $5000.00. Am I terrible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 364 Replies
3 moms liked this

I did work but I'm not right now and I get food stamps to feed my kids. I don't abuse the system and I'm looking for work. But I recently went to a home store that has furniture, appliances, tvs, computers, etc and I qualified for $3500 in store credit. So I used it. I bought both my kids 37" tvs, $300 each, a Sony stereo system for DS, $499., a pair of Beets headphones, $300, a PS3 $300, another pair of eets for DD, $300, a laptop, $300, a printer, $200 and a cell phone, $350. I definitely used the store credit and went a little wild but my kids had nothing and I wanted them to have some nice things. I do have to make low monthly payments on it all which I can afford but barely.

So am I terrible for being on PA and going on such an expensive shopping spree? Or is it ok because I didn't do anything wrong...I qualified for the credit and used most of it. I just made my first payment so I'm not scamming and not paying. I know some of you will say the payment money should be spent on food for my kids, not luxuries but my kids deserved these things.

I also qualified at some shop now pay later website stores and got some new clothes, shoes, purse, set of towels, ring, swim suit, comforter sets for the kids, a beanbag chair, toaster, 2 alarm clocks for the kids and a frying pan. I can make very low payments on this so I can actually afford it all.

But I'm feeling guilty like I did something wrong, but I didn't. I wanted some nice things and I wanted my kids to have some nice things.

So go ahead...bash away if you want, or just give me your opinion on what I did. Right or wrong? Doesn't matter? Terrible? Selfish? Other???

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM
26 moms liked this

Congrats on the destruction of any credit you had. You're never going to be able to pay those new debts.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
15 moms liked this
How did you qualify for $5k in credit if you have no job and you're living off PA? I smell fraud.
tanyainmizzou
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Different troll. Good job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You are joking aren't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Troll, right? Please?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
28 moms liked this
I don't think you're "terrible", but I think you're fucking stupid.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
4 moms liked this
You're a dumbass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Right.....
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I know some of you will say the payment money should be spent on food for my kids, not luxuries but my kids deserved these things.

Honest question---why do you think your kids "deserved" those things?

Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the situation. If you're having to start over from scratch with nothing, several of those things were needed. If you had the credit to qualify, who am I to say it was wrong? I do caution using credit. It can be very beneficial. Or damaging. Where are you getting steady money if you're unemployed?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)