Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who's in the wrong here? Friendship issue :/

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 80 Replies
2 moms liked this
So yesterday I was feeling pretty down about life, as I always do from time to time. My life has been really dull lately and mainly because I live at home and am sick of my dad and I've been trying to find another job that's full time. Now my friend on the other hand is a few years younger than me, doesn't have a kid and has recently gotten into fitness, to the point she wants To be a health model. She has been getting jobs lately no problem and her secret is being happy and positive 100% and I just can't seem to be like that. Well yesterday after having a hard time I said something on Facebook that really annoyed her. She told me I needed to stop being so negative and to fix the issue instead Of doing nothing about it. Little does she know that I'm doing my best here... Well she bitched at me and eventually deleted me as a friend... I thought in times of need friends should be there for you and support you, but nope she just left me... So am I wrong? Do I really need to suck it up and stop being so sappy? Or should she have said something nicer to help lift my mood? I'm sad she decided to go that route with me but I guess she'll come back around in due time. I hope. It's just weird cuz we've always been great friends. She was always there for me when things went wrong, and vice versa.
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM
6 moms liked this

Nobody likes a Debbie Downer and people like that can be toxic to an upbeat and positive person. You can be happy for her even when things aren't working out for you. 

Kazmira222
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM
And I have been. I've been very happy for her an the new life she has made but my life isn't even as great as hers and she was being mean about it. I know anything is possible if I put my mind to it but honestly I'm in a rut right now :/

Quoting JulyBabies:

Nobody likes a Debbie Downer and people like that can be toxic to an upbeat and positive person. You can be happy for her even when things aren't working out for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
A constant complainer gets really annoying after a while. Maybe she just didn't want to see it any more.
ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you should get counseling and possibly some antidepressants. It sounds like you may need them. You only have one life to live. You should be happy and ready to take it in with both hands. But it sounds like you may have depression issues that need a little tweeking. Don't be embarassed a lot of us have depression and need meds.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I would have deleted you too if you are always negative.
Kazmira222
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
I have been to counseling before and it ended up not really helping at all. I've been trying to keep from taking meds only because in think it's my birth control that makes me that way, but for whatever reason my mom doesn't want me to be off it even tho I'm not sexually active. Hmmm

Quoting ready4happiness: Maybe you should get counseling and possibly some antidepressants. It sounds like you may need them. You only have one life to live. You should be happy and ready to take it in with both hands. But it sounds like you may have depression issues that need a little tweeking. Don't be embarassed a lot of us have depression and need meds.
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Sounds like maybe she was trying to give you some tough love (that we all need from time to time), but do you think you are a little too negative sometimes? It really can bring people down. I can understand how both of you feel, though. I'm sorry she was childish about it and deleted you as a friend. Give her a call and talk about it.

Jodee24
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Try starting off the day with "today will be amazing and better then the last". Start small on being positive. 😘
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Your mom? How old are you?

Quoting Kazmira222: I have been to counseling before and it ended up not really helping at all. I've been trying to keep from taking meds only because in think it's my birth control that makes me that way, but for whatever reason my mom doesn't want me to be off it even tho I'm not sexually active. Hmmm

Quoting ready4happiness: Maybe you should get counseling and possibly some antidepressants. It sounds like you may need them. You only have one life to live. You should be happy and ready to take it in with both hands. But it sounds like you may have depression issues that need a little tweeking. Don't be embarassed a lot of us have depression and need meds.
Kazmira222
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Well I haven't been negative a lot, it was just yesterday. I've been fairly ok lately tho

Quoting sandra_t00: I would have deleted you too if you are always negative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)