Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I hate atheists

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
16 moms liked this

Every Saturday morning, I can count on answering my doorbell to find a couple of atheists on my porch. They’ve ignored my “No Soliciting” sign and they’re dressed in fancy suits, as if to prove that they are richer and better than I am. They’re holding copies of their not-holy works - The God DelusionWhy Evolution Is True and DVD copies of Bill Maher’s Religulous. The want to lecture me about their nonbelief and would talk for hours if I didn’t slam the door in their faces. When I figure it’s safe to go out, in front of my door I find a pile of those hateful little atheist comic books based on the writings of people like Richard Dawkins, P.Z. Meyers, Jerry Coyne and Greta Christina.

Then on Sundays, I can’t sleep in because the atheist meeting hall in the next block rings its bells to summon the unfaithful to their gatherings. Why do they have to be so noisy? I just want to be able to get a few extra hours of shut-eye at least one day a week. I really resent all the tax breaks nontheist groups take advantage of, and how they use the money to buy political favoritism from greedy politicians . A bunch of flippin’ hypocrites, if you ask me.

And now the Supreme Court has ruled that atheist employers can force their female employees to use birth control, have abortions and receive the same pay as their male co-workers. They just don’t seem to get the idea that women are inferior creations and not entitled to equality. The nest thing you know, atheists will be insisting that everybody get divorced so they can marry same-sex partners and require teaching evolution and climate change as facts.

There’s the picketing at military funerals by free thinkers, which pisses me off as much as anything I’ve mentioned so far. Just who do these people think they are and why do they hate our country so much? I figure they probably hate it because God made America the great place it is and that’s intolerable to them.

It’s not just weekends that are a problem. On any given day when I go downtown, there never fails to be a street corner with some atheist shouting nonbeliever nonsense into a megaphone. Where do they get off telling me I’m not going to hell, that I should enjoy the only life I have, love whomever I want and to be nice to other people, not out of fear, but because it’s the right thing to do?

That’s why I hate atheists – they’re just too damned pushy for their own good (and good is something they don’t have), always telling me what not to believe. Yeah, I wish all those people would just shut up and go away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM
8 moms liked this
I see what you did here....creative lol
witchqueen
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

It does get difficult sometimes--being right ALL the time!! Sigh!

doomshroom
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Bahahaha! :D
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this!
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Very Nice!

corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm an atheist and I don't find this remotely amusing, clever or accurate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Idk where you live but thats nothing like they are here. i know plenty if people who are and actually i have friends that are and so is my sons father but im not. they dont care who you are or what you do if you show them respect.they show you respect
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM
15 moms liked this

Atheists: You are MORE than welcome to come knock on my door. I will invite you in, offer you zuccini bread, and we can watch TED talks together.

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM
This is dumb.
TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM
15 moms liked this
It is satire to demonstrate how Atheists do none of the things that many religious groups do.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I'm an atheist and I don't find this remotely amusing, clever or accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN