Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I overstepping his boundaries too early in the relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies

I know that this is going to sound very petty, but... I've been going out with this cute guy for the past few month. There is just one problem: He wears  "tighty-whities." The first time we had sex, I was not aware of them until I noticed them on the floor. I thought to myself, "Hmmm... perhaps he ran out of boxers and is only wearing them because he needs to do his laundry." However, subsequent sexual trysts have resulted in more of them on him.

It freaks me out. They are not sexy... and he is not sexy in them. No one is. They are for five-year-old boys, not 32-year-old men! And he would look unbelievably HOT in boxer briefs which I have told him! I bought him a pack of boxer briefs and he told me he does not find them comfortable and has tried them and boxers before so I dropped it. I discussed the "underpants" situation with a girlfriend, and she said that she felt like it would be an attack on his sexuality if I mentioned it again. It's just a turn off because he walks around and sleeps in them before and after sex and it is just one of those things that sexually turns me off. What do you think? Should I tell him honestly how much it bothers me? Or just try and deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownteddy
by Fletcher on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, I think you're just going to have to get over it. I'm sure there are things you do that he finds incredibly unsexy too.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't comment.
catngabsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not the gift wrap that counts, it's the package underneath the wrapping that is important here!!
SmallTown_Momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM
13 moms liked this

i say break things off with him so he can find someone that genuinely likes him for him and doesn't try to change him to suit their own needs and wants.

xoch86
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Agreed.

Quoting smalltownteddy: Sorry, I think you're just going to have to get over it. I'm sure there are things you do that he finds incredibly unsexy too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Im sure it wasnt the tighty-whities that attracted you to him in the first place, definitely should not bother him with such a stupid thing. IMO
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This is one of those things that is not about you.

CafeMom Tickers
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM

It has only been a few months.  Either get over it or move on.  Like you said...it has only been a few months.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I think you can tell him it turns you off and then if he still wears them you have to decide if you can deal or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM

He doesn't tell you what underwear to wear so leave him alone...He's comfortable and that counts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN