Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have ever lived in a haunted house. ...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 221 Replies
Did the occurrences happen right away?

Did you try to explain it away as just something normal?

Or did you just KNOW?

Also was it threatening or benign?

I'm watching Ghosts that Attack and it just had me wondering these things about those who have lived in a home that was haunted
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Right away?  Well, it was the house I grew up in, and it was haunted as long as I was there, and my mom implied it had been that way since they bought it a few years before I was born.  I didn't try to explain it away-everyone knew it was ghosts.  I don't know about threatening necessarily, but it did scare the bejeesus out of me almost every day.  It made the bed in my room shake every night I tried to sleep.  People would come over to visit and I'd have them lay down and experience it too.  It would make a lot of noise and stomp around the house-especially up and down the stairs.  One time, it opened my dresser drawers when I was trying to sleep and scared me half to death. Lots of stuff like that.  It never physically hurt us, but it did scare us-a lot!

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Our was a friendly fucking with you while you are asleep kind of ghost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM
These things usually begin happening to one specific person first, and then it branches out from there. It is just about immediate, but of course at first you try to explain it away. That's just natural. You're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.
Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I don't know that I could live with that every night. Eben if it didn't hurt me I would feel....unwelcome

Quoting chalisa0:

Right away?  Well, it was the house I grew up in, and it was haunted as long as I was there, and my mom implied it had been that way since they bought it a few years before I was born.  I didn't try to explain it away-everyone knew it was ghosts.  I don't know about threatening necessarily, but it did scare the bejeesus out of me almost every day.  It made the bed in my room shake every night I tried to sleep.  People would come over to visit and I'd have them lay down and experience it too.  It would make a lot of noise and stomp around the house-especially up and down the stairs.  One time, it opened my dresser drawers when I was trying to sleep and scared me half to death. Lots of stuff like that.  It never physically hurt us, but it did scare us-a lot!

SaphiraJFire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

It started with old woman who would walk past the bedroom door and go through a closet that used to be an open walkway to the other part of the house ( turned into split apartment). She would stand and watch you take a bath to.

Then this older man with wide brimmed hat would turn the stove on all the time. He always looked like he was smoking to, you could at times smell strong cigarette Oder.

We had to keep the stove unplugged at all times because he was a jerk. There was a ghost cat as well in the house solid black beautiful cat never did anything wrong. 

We lived in a place with child that used to write in the dust that always seemed to be on the old shelving stacked in the bathroom doorway. was 3 old shelves we took down. No matter how much you cleaned them they always were dirty the next day with more weird writing and images on it. and little hand prints. 

This was after we lost our second boy midterm. stuff was always getting moved around then show up in odd place like delicatete figurine in the middle of a door that you just went though and it was not there when you go back it was there.

We lived in few haunted places. Even the ghost that liked to turn on the stove was not malicious just dumb lol.

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
It wouldn't take much to convince me honestly. I don't see myself trying to explain it away

Quoting Anonymous: These things usually begin happening to one specific person first, and then it branches out from there. It is just about immediate, but of course at first you try to explain it away. That's just natural. You're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I believe the house I grew up in is haunted.  I always had the feeling something was watching me when I walked up and down the hall. I still get the feeling when we visit. My DD has expressed some of the same feelings, but I don't tell her anything other than she is safe at grandmas. I want to see what she says in the future. The room she sleeps in is the area where I feel the watching coming from. My older brother left a rosary on the windowsill when he moved out, but I haven't ever asked him about it.  I also sleep with her once in a while and feel very uneasy.

When our computer was in this room, I was going to walk up the stairs but I heard typing coming from that room.  I made my mom listen and then go up there, but she didn't think anything of it. I have also had an experience with a very bright light in the room I sleep in.

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Do you think that it could be you're more open to spirits and that's why you have so many experiences?

Quoting SaphiraJFire:

It started with old woman who would walk past the bedroom door and go through a closet that used to be an open walkway to the other part of the house ( turned into split apartment). She would stand and watch you take a bath to.

Then this older man with wide brimmed hat would turn the stove on all the time. He always looked like he was smoking to, you could at times smell strong cigarette Oder.

We had to keep the stove unplugged at all times because he was a jerk. There was a ghost cat as well in the house solid black beautiful cat never did anything wrong. 

We lived in a place with child that used to write in the dust that always seemed to be on the old shelving stacked in the bathroom doorway. was 3 old shelves we took down. No matter how much you cleaned them they always were dirty the next day with more weird writing and images on it. and little hand prints. 

This was after we lost our second boy midterm. stuff was always getting moved around then show up in odd place like delicatete figurine in the middle of a door that you just went though and it was not there when you go back it was there.

We lived in few haunted places. Even the ghost that liked to turn on the stove was not malicious just dumb lol.

Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Pretty early on

I tried REALLY hard to find a rational reason for it

very benign,and playful

mary_was_here
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive lived in one, dh lived in one, his aunt lived in one lol stories? I got stories lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)