Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son burned his hand horribly on sd's curling iron, DH and I are fighting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 610 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sd is 17, my and my DH's son is 4. We were at the hospital all day and sd just stormed out and now DH and I were fighting. I can't stop crying.

Sd was in her room curling her hair at her desk. My DS knows he's not allowed in her room, but sometimes goes in anyway because she has an iPad and he has a few games on it. The rule in the house is no leaving dangerous stuff unattended. She had a bathroom in her room and went in to pee, and when she came out my DS had second degree burns all over his hand. He gripped her curling wand to move it and it was on.

We spent the morning at the hispital, he'll be okay. When we got home, I told hd I wanted her grounded because she's not supposed to leave anything dangerous unattended. His consequence is a burned hand, she needs one too. He didn't want to but went to talk to her and when he tried to ground her she got mad at him and said he was ridiculous, she hates visiting here she won't be back and started storming out. On her way out she called my 4 yo a brat and told him to enjoy his burned hand because he didn't listen.

DH and I are now in a fight because he said I caused a fight bw them and it was all our sons fault. He called to say sorry to her and she said fine, but she's still not coming back here and being around me and her sb. DH isn't talking to me now.

Happy f-ing holiday weekend to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM
103 moms liked this
It was an accident. You are making it worse.
iwasbillpardy
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM
23 moms liked this
She didn't do anything wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM
38 moms liked this
She shouldn't be grounded because her brother can't follow the rules. A 4 year old should know better than to grab a curling iron.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM
39 moms liked this

I can't blame her. It sounds like you want a scapegoat for your son injuring himself. She simply went to the bathroom, it's not like she left the curling iron on in a common area and left the house. 

xoch86
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM
59 moms liked this

Maya and Evan anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM
17 moms liked this

You are wrong.  Your son went where he wasn't supposed to go and suffered consequences.  Your sd did nothing wrong and shouldn't be grounded.  Your dh is right, it was all your son's fault.

blessedbyGod141
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
13 moms liked this
First of all it was her room. That's her room not his. He knows better then to go in there. It wasn't her fault she had to pee. I agree with her. He was acting like a brat and maybe he learned his lesson.
KarissaA
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I see where they both broke the rules, but I also see where if she needed to pee and had only stopped curling her hair just that long and he came into her bedroom, it was mostly his fault.  I'm sorry y'all are fighting, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
13 moms liked this

Well it was your sons fault. Hes old enough to know better and she shouldnt be punished for leaving something in her own room. You need to apologize to her and explain to her that you are just upset about your sons hand, that is his fault for getting hurt.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM
31 moms liked this
This crap again? Are you the laptop mom?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)