Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's important to raise boys who are sensitive and can talk about their feelings?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it's important to raise boys who are sensitive and can talk about their feelings?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 111

View Results

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't have a yes or no answer. I do not like a man who is too sensitive, talks about his feelings all the time and wants to "communicate" constantly.  I have told my DH more then a dozen times, please, please, take the damn tampon out of your vagina.  There is a reason I am attracted to females but could never be a lesbian.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
My DH talks about his feelings and I love it. I would hope my son picks up on those same habits. Hubby isn't a sissy in any way, we can just connect on an emotional level.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Nope.
lucydiamond
by LD on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:16 AM
4 moms liked this
I think it's important to raise boys the exact same way we raise girls, and since I would hope my girls aren't emotionally-challenged androids, I would probably hope the same for my boys...
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:20 AM
5 moms liked this

Depends.  I'm not trying to raise cavemen, but I don't want them being whiny about their feelings, either.  Talking about your emotions and the ability to cry have their time and place.  My opinion is the same regardless of gender.  I'm not a fan of overly emotional women, and I don't like men to be either. 

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Honestly, I tried. But I did something wrong. My son is not a sissy, but he's the first to get picked on now. Idk what I did wrong :( My son is way to gentle, and the way he acts is kind of just idk not as tough and heartless as the other little boys his age. He is made fun of constantly. He's always having to fight off the other kids. My husband blames me. My honest opinion is, maybe don't TRY to make them all caring and sensitive... Just raise them like a normal boy, but with love and morals. I apparently went way overboard on this one...
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Talk about their feelings?  Absolutely.  Be sensitive to everything around?  No, not for girls or boys.  You gotta be tougher than that in this world.  Both boys AND girls.

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

you raise your children with balance male or female. My son is a sweetheart but he is naturally. I have a feeling my daughter will be a bit more of a challenge

jen2150
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Not all boys are sensitive. We should not try to make boys more sensitive than they are naturally. Everyone should have good communication skills. Teaching them to be sensitive to others is different than being sensitive.
Distortia
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely. Boys and girls both should be able to communicate their thoughts and emotions comfortably.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)