Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i hate my teenage son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 375 Replies
4 moms liked this
I know that is a bold statement but it is how I am feeling. He is defiant, smoking ecigs and pot and drinking g and has now started sneaking out! Plus he took a credit card and spent about$400, without our permission. Not sure what to do. I would love to kick him out but then I would probably go crazy with worry! I don't trust him at all! Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM
73 moms liked this

Press delinquency and theft charges against him and have him locked up in a juvenile facility.

UnluckyCharms
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Umm.. put him in rehab?  How old is he?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
153 moms liked this
You need to put the smack down. I'd confiscate everything, including phones and tablets, I'd take the door off his room as well, then strip said room of everything but a mattress and bedding. He wouldn't be allowed to watch my TV or use my phone either.

Go draconian on his ass before it's too late and he's an asshole for life.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM

sounds like my nephew. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Sad. I hope my DS doesn't become this way, good luck
iamanon
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Sadly there are no easy answers or fixes for this problem.  I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I hope for both of you things work out. Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM
We actually looked into that. But decided against it because juvy would probably make him worse. He is paying restitution to us and going through a psych eval, but I really wish I could kick him out. I suppose I could just let the chips fall where they may. Eventually he will get in trouble for something. I wish I could get him away from the current group if Judas he hangs with! But the more I attempt to do that the more he hangs with them! I am pretty sure our relationship is irreparable at this point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know that he has an addiction other than stupidity. At least not yet and it won't help if he can't see there is a problem

Quoting UnluckyCharms:

Umm.. put him in rehab?  How old is he?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I would do this but it literally makes everyone else's life hell and we can't watch him 24/7.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You need to put the smack down. I'd confiscate everything, including phones and tablets, I'd take the door off his room as well, then strip said room of everything but a mattress and bedding. He wouldn't be allowed to watch my TV or use my phone either.

Go draconian on his ass before it's too late and he's an asshole for life.
Fayanne
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM
23 moms liked this

you get the child that you allow to happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN