Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ugly car and modest house.are the reasons

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 331 Replies
36 moms liked this
Why I.can afford things.
I see some people on here calling others trash. They talk about junkie cars and trailer parks.
Now, I don't live in a trailer now, but I lived in a couple as a kid. But, my house is modest.
The fact that I live below my means ensures that I have some savings, and my bills are always paid. My cars are ugly, but they are completely paid off. I have a simple two-bedroom duplex, but that allows me to save more for a house.
Why would you assume someone is "trash" because of the car they drive, or their house?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeacherMommy131
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM
36 moms liked this
The ones judging people based off their homes and cars are the real trashy ones.
bethpelle
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Excellent point
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
13 moms liked this

I never do.

I figure most people are doing the best they can as we are, and we all have our burdens to bear and everyone has to live within THEIR means, not anyone else's.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I would assume that you are intelligent, trashy is the last thing that comes to mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
10 moms liked this
Amen! We live in a tiny, fully paid for trailer and it allows me to stay home and DS to go to private religious school. I'll take that trade off any day and be happy about it.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
But why would you want to drive a trashy car? You only live once! I can understand the duplex but I can't go without a nice ride, I don't judge most people by their car but when I see a nice looking person driving a piece of shit, I think " what a waste of a beautiful face"
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

No.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
You are living smart.
I too live way under my means. That gives me more time off work to enjoy my family. It gives us money to spend so we can enjoy that time together. Modest house, paid for car...I'm happy. I don't hqve to live to work, I just work to live.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM
We have a nice car but we have a modest house and nothing much in way of furniture or extras as they cost money we just don't have. We pay for the car though so we're not paying out for repairs instead.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM
49 moms liked this
That's because your brain is operating on the teenage setting.

Try reevaluating the situation like an adult.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty: But why would you want to drive a trashy car? You only live once! I can understand the duplex but I can't go without a nice ride, I don't judge most people by their car but when I see a nice looking person driving a piece of shit, I think " what a waste of a beautiful face"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN