Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS got sent to juvie :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

DS 15 got in trouble with the law for kicking a homeless man and posession of marijuana. Well he was hanging out with his friends and I realize now I don't trust any of them around DS, he probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. I didn't raise him like that, he was a sweet kid and he attends church every Sunday because we go to church. He's been a bit rebellious lately though and I don't know why at first, he even said he hates our guts and hate is a strong word. After he gets out of juvie DH and I debating on how long we should ground him, DH wants to ground him for a month but I want to ground him for 2 or 3 months, also his iPhone and video games will be taken away, he can't watch TV, he can't use the computer for entertainment but he can use the computer for his studies only. He will be turning 16 in 3 weeks but since he's in juvie his party will be canceled and I posted a note on his Facebook page so his friends can see it. He's lucky that he's not 18 yet, if he was then he'll be sent to adult jail. I'm more of a stricter parent than DH, want to do what's best for my 3 children. Can't believe it though, why would he?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

BUMP!

Sara-1989
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM
8 moms liked this
I really hate the "wrong crowd" shit. Your son makes his own choices. It's completely possible that HE'S the wrong crowd.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Uh, you need to get in touch with reality. Your son is in Juvi and your solution is to cancel a party and ground him? He needs therapy. You all do.
holyhoola
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM
That's terrible! Hopefully it will be a wakeup call for him.
How long will he be there?
seximami111
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Seriously. 

Quoting Schauseil: Uh, you need to get in touch with reality. Your son is in Juvi and your solution is to cancel a party and ground him? He needs therapy. You all do.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:57 PM

This. I don't care what crowd your kid is in, you don't assault someone unless you're just an asshole. Your kid needs therapy. Grounding and all the crap you and your dh are talking about isn't gonna do shit to change him. And he goes to church? BFD. That means nothing..obviously. He's messed up in the head and needs a professional or he's gonna get worse. 

Quoting Sara-1989: I really hate the "wrong crowd" shit. Your son makes his own choices. It's completely possible that HE'S the wrong crowd.

TisHerself
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this
  • Make him volunteer in a soup kitchen or homeless shelter regularly until he turns 18, or as long as he lives under your roof. 
  • Counseling, stat.
  • While friends do have the potential to influence behavior, realize that your son, for whatever reason, was THE ONLY ONE to choose to act so thoughtlessly toward another human being.m
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM

How long is he in? I hope you realize the education your son is getting in juvie vs. learning his lesson. Be prepared.

MoosieMoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
He kicked a homeless person? Sounds like a gem of a kid. /eyeroll

You need to go into this with open eyes. Stop blaming other kids and calling them a bad influence. Chances are, your little asshole son is the actual bad influence.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Being a "bit rebellious lately" was your cue to do something before it got this bad. He clearly needed a firmer hand before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)