Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"War On Women"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 347 Replies
4 moms liked this

With the whole Hobby Lobby debate last week all over the internet.  I can not tell you how many times I heard disgruntled feminists touting this WAR ON WOMEN line ... as if those three words are A. fact and B. an instant argument blockade

A few questions:

Who are the players in this War On Women?  Is it us (General US, all women) against the world?  (men ... more appropriately , I'm assuming,  Christian White Men)  

Or is it US (only the enlightened feminist mindset) against the world (any one too dense to realize there is an actual freakin' WAR somehow waging in the shadows? ... ie. any woman who is actually HAPPY?)

Also ... side note ... as a feminist, do you laugh at images like those found on peopleofwalmart.com?  Because aren't those well meaning, camo spandex, underwear tank top women JUST exercising their freedom of choice in their apparel?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this
It's like there's a bunch of toddlers testing boundaries while the people in power just give them what they want to prevent hurt feelings. There is no war on anyone just a bunch of children throwing fits.
Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM
My hubbys sister wouldnt come to the family 4Th of July party because of the hl bs...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Agreed.

Quoting Anonymous: It's like there's a bunch of toddlers testing boundaries while the people in power just give them what they want to prevent hurt feelings. There is no war on anyone just a bunch of children throwing fits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

That'll show ... America?  

Quoting Patti-Gee: My hubbys sister wouldnt come to the family 4Th of July party because of the hl bs...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this
American women will bitch and whine about anything.
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM
16 moms liked this
Yeah, a war on women because they have to pay for their own BC,or because they don't make as much as men, because generally, they take more time off. While somewhere in the world, women are sold into slavery,being married off at 9, being denied education, being mutilated, and caned for being raped. But there's a war on women in america. Yup, sounds legit.
PhoenixFire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM
6 moms liked this

I find this whole debate appalling. How is not covering FOUR of 24 medications a "War on Women"? I mean, really. They aren't saying, "You can never use these four medications if you work for us." They are saying, "We don't want to have to cover these four medications." What's the big deal? If you want the coverage, go work somewhere else. If you like where you work and want those FOUR medications, pay for it yourself. It's not that big of a freaking deal if you ask me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
American women don't know how good we have it. Not to say there isn't room for improvement but I mean, we really shouldn't be bitching and complaining so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM
5 moms liked this
The "war on women" is just bogus political crap.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Ohh good question!

popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

Also ... side note ... as a feminist, do you laugh at images like those found on peopleofwalmart.com?  Because aren't those well meaning, camo spandex, underwear tank top women JUST exercising their freedom of choice in their apparel?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN