Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What car your recommend?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I'm planning to buy a car I want an SUV... I love the Nissan murano but I heard it wastes a Lot of gas but I want an SUV that I don't have to spend too much on gas. What do you recommend?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lacyleanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Well not the gmc acadia then. That's what I have and we spend a ton on gas. Lol Here's a bump though.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never owned an SUV that got better than 17-18 miles to the gallon. My first jeep got about 17. My suburban got 16. The jeep I have now gets about 17. Loved all of them anyway. Maybe someone else can help! Lol
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Maybe a crossover? I have a car - 7-series BMW. Love it!
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I had 2 SUV's - a Durango and an Escalade.  Both got crappy mileage.

Why not a crossover?  Something like the VW, get it with diesel, and it gets great mileage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM
It's technically not an SUV but I would recommend the cube cars. They only seat 5 people but there is a lot of space in them. We rented one once and it was great on gas and fit all of our suitcases comfortably.
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I just got a Mazda CX-5 and love it. It is not a full-sized SUV but gets decent mileage. Drives like a dream! I had a CX-7 and loved it, and the CX-9s are bigger and also nice. Not sure how they are on gas.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this

LMAO! SUV that you don't have to spend a lot of gas on!!

Good luck with that.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM
4 moms liked this
I can't get past the title...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Why the bump?

Quoting lacyleanne: Well not the gmc acadia then. That's what I have and we spend a ton on gas. Lol Here's a bump though.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous: It's technically not an SUV but I would recommend the cube cars. They only seat 5 people but there is a lot of space in them. We rented one once and it was great on gas and fit all of our suitcases comfortably.

This! We have a Kia Soul and it is great! We average 35 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the freeway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)