Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT**** What happened to the Good Ol' fashioned stay at home moms?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 411 Replies
24 moms liked this
What happened to the SAHM that loved to be home and took so much pride in their family and home? I see on here all the time women being bashed because they still live in the "50's" I am a sahm and I love taking care of my family, husband and home. And my husband loves taking care of me :) My husband works so hard and he comes home to a clean house, hot dinner, children are taken care of. Every night I iron and lay out his clothes for the next day. Each morning I make his lunch. Then I spend my day doing whatever needs to be done, and still have plenty of time to have fun with the kids and make sure I look and feel great when he gets home. My husband doesn't have to do anything when he comes home. Which is amazing, because he spends his evenings with the kids. I can't help but wonder what SAHM's do if their husbands still have to come home to cook and clean? Then, to top it off, so many say they have no time to take care of themselves. They can't shower, stay in their pajamas all day, don't care what they look like anymore. How can some of you honestly believe that your husband likes that, especially if before you had kids you always looked your best.

Ladies, take pride in yourselves and home! Take care of your husband if he takes care of you!

*****EDIT*****

I am ONLY referring to SAHM that DO NOT work!

****EDIT****

So for those of you that say your husban can take care of himself, etc... Does this mean that you work for the things that you need? Do any of you contribute financially?

****EDIT****

Why is that so many assume that SAHM's are not educated and have no choice but to be home? I graduated college, and left my career because I wanted to. I chose to be home with my kids, and we can afford it. Some of us are able to choose to be home.
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this

I was a SAHM for almost 10 years but DH and I were still partners and we took care of the house and children together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I do all that and still "work" full time (unpaid). 

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
What do you do?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do all that and still "work" full time (unpaid). 

TisHerself
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
26 moms liked this

I was with you at the beginning, thinking if staying at home works for you, great. 

You got too preachy at the end; just because it is the role you wish to have, doesn't mean others should do as you. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh hey, I may be kind of alternative but I am THAT mom.

It's my job for my family, and I enjoy it and do it well. :)

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this
So if you were still partners, did you also help contribute to the home financially?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I was a SAHM for almost 10 years but DH and I were still partners and we took care of the house and children together.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thats not how it works in my house.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm a working single mom. I love my life as much as you love yours!
Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Lol, I don't think I said others should do as I do. I'm just wondering what sahm do a day if their husbands still come home to cook and clean.

Quoting TisHerself:

I was with you at the beginning, thinking if staying at home works for you, great. 

You got too preachy at the end; just because it is the role you wish to have, doesn't mean others should do as you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN