Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids Understand Love isn't a Gender

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
4 moms liked this

Do yours?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Yep. They also understand and embrace a wide definition of family.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Sho nuff.
(That means yes. Lol.)
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Love has no boundaries. However, homosexuality or bisexuality is not right. I love my mom, but I won't marry her. I love my daughter, but I'm not going to marry her. Same with my brother. There is no difference. I seriously do believe that a lot of people, gay or straight, have love all wrong. Just because you love someone, that does not mean you have to have sex with nor marry them. I will make sure my daughter knows that difference, along with God's law.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right, love is an emotion.

mommyflaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Love comes in different forms. To equate same sex love to pedophilia and incest is trying to compare a fork and a chopstick.

Quoting TigressLily: Love has no boundaries. However, homosexuality or bisexuality is not right. I love my mom, but I won't marry her. I love my daughter, but I'm not going to marry her. Same with my brother. There is no difference. I seriously do believe that a lot of people, gay or straight, have love all wrong. Just because you love someone, that does not mean you have to have sex with nor marry them. I will make sure my daughter knows that difference, along with God's law.

Met DH at fifteen, ups and downs concluded in marriage on 11/12/13 
Princess Kyla born on
 07/26/2010 

Mellow Chance born on 11/28/2011
Unnamed #3 is due 11/09/2014 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

My kids know, too.  We read Todd Parr books all the time.  We read And Tango Makes Three.  I love our gay friends and family members.  I loved that my older son had three kids in his daycare class who had two Mommies.  We have several families in our local adoption group who have two moms or two dads.  I'm sad that my younger son's daycare is not as diverse, but very happy we're going to the home of one of the two mom families from my older son's daycare as a reunion and he'll get to see a family with gay parents.  

I want my kids to be accepting of all families.  

Kiss-Me-Kate
by Kate on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Yep!

My kiddo understands that there isn't enough love in the world and that we need to appreciate it where we find it.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Yep

katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

This

Quoting Anonymous: Yep. They also understand and embrace a wide definition of family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I was very proud of my son a couple years back.  My grandmother had died and my son asked what happened to her cat.  I said that the cat went to live with a gay couple in Chicago.  He said, "What difference does it make that they're gay, Mom?  A gay couple is the same as any other couple."

I had to chuckle.  He was totally right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)