Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is LONG but he's so right. Just saw it on facebook and decided to share a thought from my favorite celebrity.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Ian Somerhalder's Patriotic Independence Day Instagram

Ian Somerhalder might be busy trying to improve the world, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the time to kick back and celebrate Independence Day with us fans.

The Vampire Diaries actor posed in front of the stars and stripes on Friday and accompanied the image with some heartfelt words on improving the U.S.A. for everyone. Read his own very personal tribute to America below;

Happy Birthday America! Hopefully as everyone is partying their asses off, shooting fireworks and spending some much-needed friends&family time- we can be sure to think about what it's like to fight for INDEPENDENCE like our forefathers&foremothers and what we want INDEPENDENCE from.

How about INDEPENDENCE from foreign oil and oil in general? How about INDEPENDENCE from over-crowded classrooms and under-paid teachers? How about INDEPENDENCE from corporate greed and the corporate ownership our government? How about INDEPENDENCE from poisoned GMO foods? How about INDEPENDENCE from destroying our environment? How about INDEPENDENCE from losing your home and or job if you become sick or injured b/c of insane and almost illegal healthcare costs? How about INDEPENDENCE from an unsustainable lifestyle in our beautiful country?

When we make America strong in between her her own shores and her borders THEN and only THEN will we have INDEPENDENCE. Lets fight with our minds and our hearts not with our weaponry. Let's use common sense and intellect to overcome this Dependence on the lack of compassion that we are governed by and empower the world to be stewards of progress and tolerance around us. Lets have INDEPENDENCE as a nation and not and empire. Empires fall-nations grow... I love this country, our country and I hope we can all take one second, just one second today to think about what WE, so many years later want INDEPENDENCE from... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You and all who agree with him are FREE to be INDEPENDENT from it all and AMERICA! Book passage today and fucking leave. NOW! TODAY!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh no, I kind of liked him. I don't like sanctimonious, preachy celebs. Do your job and look hot doing so, please and thank you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
What? Lmao because someone wants to take what's WRONG in our country and make it right then they need to leave? What is wrong with you?

Quoting Anonymous:

You and all who agree with him are FREE to be INDEPENDENT from it all and AMERICA! Book passage today and fucking leave. NOW! TODAY!

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Maybe he should invest some of his Vampire Diaries money into funding a school? I could make a list of all the products he probably uses that are tied to big corporations, maybe quit the show because a big corporation backs it. Maybe he should use his social media to educate people about GMOs and sustainable lifestyles. I'm sure he doesn't go to whole foods, I'm positive he gardens right? And MAYBE just MAYBE he should look into what the ACA is doing to decrease the cost of healthcare for people...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Lol you haven't done a bit of research have you?

http://www.isfoundation.com/welcome

Quoting OneToughMami:

Maybe he should invest some of his Vampire Diaries money into funding a school? I could make a list of all the products he probably uses that are tied to big corporations, maybe quit the show because a big corporation backs it. Maybe he should use his social media to educate people about GMOs and sustainable lifestyles. I'm sure he doesn't go to whole foods, I'm positive he gardens right? And MAYBE just MAYBE he should look into what the ACA is doing to decrease the cost of healthcare for people...

katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I like what he said and how he said it. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM

No because to be completely honest I have no interest in celebrities like him. You know preachy...telling everyone else what they should do...a lot of celebs have charities, doesn't mean they are walking the walk.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol you haven't done a bit of research have you? http://www.isfoundation.com/welcome
Quoting OneToughMami:

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM
I agree with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Ok. I keep up with it. A lot of celebs just throw their money at problems but won't get their hands dirty. Yes, he's very hands on in his foundation. Environmental clean up, speaking to congress regarding environmental issues, educating youth, and more. I don't understand what is wrong with someone who has influence trying to use that influence for good. I guess everybody here is perfectly happy with the way America is heading.

Quoting OneToughMami:

No because to be completely honest I have no interest in celebrities like him. You know preachy...telling everyone else what they should do...a lot of celebs have charities, doesn't mean they are walking the walk.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol you haven't done a bit of research have you?

http://www.isfoundation.com/welcome

Quoting OneToughMami:

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Spoken like someone set apart from reality.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)