Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son bites people like he's eating chicken...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I don't know what to do. My 16 month old was suspended from nursery today.

I'm 23. I'm a single mom. My sons father met him once when he was 14 months old and never came back. I already feel like a failure as a parent. Today just topped things off. I don't think I can do this anymore.

My son gripped a child's head (around the same age) with two hands and bit him on his forehead like he was eating chicken or something. Apparently he literally looked like he was trying to tear the skin. He left a horrible mark on his forehead. :( the teacher says my son waits until no one is looking to go and attack another child.

The day care had the parents sit down and talk. The little boy had both his mom and dad there. They were older parents. I was alone and I felt like crap. I felt like I was put on the spot.

I honestly don't think I am cut out for this single mom thing and I've just been crying on and off all afternoon.

Why is my child biting like that? How did he learn to wait until no one was looking? How can I stop it?

I'm not a strong person at all so I have no idea how to be stern with him so he walks all over me already. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Biting at that age is normal.  He is probably doing it out of frustration.  Help him learn to communicate.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM
5 moms liked this

He needs a quick smack to the mouth.  That's ridiculous, and you throwing your hands up and going, "he walks all over me", is equally as ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Biting is a sign of frustration. If he isn't speaking yet this could be his way of saying "hey back the eff off dude!". What are the situations he's doing this in?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
It's totally age appropriate, if that helps. I eventually popped DS in the mouth for biting and he never did it again, but that isn't PC on CM.
Kiss-Me-Kate
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM
My son has the biggest vocabulary in the "older infants" class they said. So he's just beginning to speak.

Apparently he had bitten this child 5 times now. Today was just the worst.

Quoting Anonymous: Biting is a sign of frustration. If he isn't speaking yet this could be his way of saying "hey back the eff off dude!". What are the situations he's doing this in?
indymom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the same with my son.  My daughter wouldn't quit so I bit her hard enough to leave marks and she never did it again.  Also not pc around here, but it worked.  You're not less because you're a single parent, grab yourself by the ass and get it handled.  You can do it!

Quoting Danesmommy1: It's totally age appropriate, if that helps. I eventually popped DS in the mouth for biting and he never did it again, but that isn't PC on CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
You're the second one who has said this. Maybe I should try it. Right now he has a busted lip though from a fall so I wouldn't do it now.

Quoting Danesmommy1: It's totally age appropriate, if that helps. I eventually popped DS in the mouth for biting and he never did it again, but that isn't PC on CM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Were they doing the same thing every time it happened or is your son just doing this at random?

Quoting Anonymous: My son has the biggest vocabulary in the "older infants" class they said. So he's just beginning to speak.

Apparently he had bitten this child 5 times now. Today was just the worst.

Quoting Anonymous: Biting is a sign of frustration. If he isn't speaking yet this could be his way of saying "hey back the eff off dude!". What are the situations he's doing this in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Thank you. What is PC?

Quoting indymom72:

I did the same with my son.  My daughter wouldn't quit so I bit her hard enough to leave marks and she never did it again.  Also not pc around here, but it worked.  You're not less because you're a single parent, grab yourself by the ass and get it handled.  You can do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)