Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

work from home moms???

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

what do you guys do for work? im a stay at home mom and need to get a job from home but im at a loss on how to go about it. can you moms please help!!!!!

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I do childcare in my home when needed for a family. I did that for three years and they just moved this year. So right now I'm enjoying my time with my girls and working on new creations for my own home crafting business.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM
What I do requires years of in-office training to work up to the Level where you can work remotely.

What did you do before being a SAHM? What skills do you have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:36 PM

For me it was thinking through how to use the job skills I had in a different way. One of the more local churches ("local" is sort of a loose term, the church is actually about 40 miles away) needed a part-time church secretary. I applied for the job and explained how I could do much of the work from home, only needing to go to the office for a couple of hours a week. The pastor and council agreed and that's exactly what I do. I work up all the bulletins, newsletters, fb updates, website updates, emails, schedules, etc. etc...from home here and just go in one day a week to print things and do some filing. It's totally up to me as to when I go in...sometimes I go in on Wednesdays or Thursdays...sometimes I'm down there on Saturday night. As long as the bulletins are ready for the ushers by 10:30 am on Sunday, it doesn't matter.  

mommyeenie
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM

i worked retail 

Quoting JamesMom714: What I do requires years of in-office training to work up to the Level where you can work remotely. What did you do before being a SAHM? What skills do you have?

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I just babysit for a few friends and family sometimes. Not enough to call it a job, just a little bit of play money and entertainment for my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I proofread court transcripts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)