Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extreme nausea/vomitting during pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I am in the early stages of pregnancy and I am having trouble keeping food down. Everything I eat, no matter how "light" it is, comes back up. I vomit even when I don't even have any food in my stomach. I am actually losing weight because of it. :/ I have a doctors appointment scheduled for the 23rd of July, my doctors office couldn't see me any sooner. Are there any home remedies or medicines that could help? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I had to be taken to the ER for dehydration and put on  anti nausea meds until my doctor saw me and then he figured out (thank goodness) that I also had reflux so i was put on zantac as well as the anti nausea meds.

suzanneyea
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I ended up taki g the prescription for it. It lasted the entire nine months. I got fresh ginger...and made tea with it. Not sure it did much.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM

PS  ginger is a known  home remedy for nausea whether it be candy, canada dry ginger ale or just plain ginger root.

Bajanmama
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM

You should probably be in hospital on a drip, so you don't get dehydrated. I would seek attention sooner. Have you explained the situation, don't they think it's serious? Try fruit and water, lots of water until you can see someone. Good luck.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Sea bands helped a little. I puked up everything though and ended up getting medication. It didn't stop it but helped it not be as intense.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I used preggie pops and ginger ale.
PhoenixFire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). There is a group on here for that.

Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Prefigured pops, ginger, peppermint.

Most end up taking meds.

There is a hyperemesis gravida board on babycenter that has lots of resources.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I've had that with both pregnancy. I've used ginger ale, peppermint tea,ginger tea ,sour candies and cinnamon drops. And nothing has really helped. The doctor will probably give you a prescription for anti nausea meds and tell you to drink plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated.
chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to get iv meds and hydration.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN