Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update!!! I Don't Want To Tell Him I'm Pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 596 Replies
5 moms liked this

I went out with this guy twice. After we had sex,he gradually stopped texting and calling me. I found out I was pregnant three weeks later. Now I'm four months pregnant and I still haven't told him and I'm really struggling with whether or not I should tell him. Part of me knows that I should because it's his child too and he should at least have the choice about whether or not to be a part of his/her life. But then another part of me just doesn't want to have to go through all the hoops of sharing a child,especially with a person I barely know. I'm 25 years old,college educated, I have a stable job,I'm financially secure,I have my own townhouse and a ton of support from my family and friends. I don't need anything from him, if I tell him it will be purely because I feel like he deserves to know, not because I need or want anything from him.

And yes, I know that this is my fault for falling into bed with a man I barely know, so please don't bash me, I'm just looking for advice. It was the first time that anything like that happened to me. I thought he was special and I just fell for the oldest trick in the book :(

Update 7/9:

Thank you all so much for all the great advice and for not immediately bashing me. After thinking everything over and weighing the pros and cons, I decided that it was best to at least inform him of the pregnancy and then from that point on, he can make his own decisions regarding whether or not he wants to be involved. I called him and he was extremely shocked but we did agree to have dinner with each other tomorrow night to talk and see if we can make some sort of plan. I will let everyone know how it goes after dinner. Thank you so much for your support!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM
7 moms liked this
You could tell him that you're pregnant and he's one of the potential fathers (even if you know it's his) and just see what he says and how he reacts.
KykysMomma1128
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM
5 moms liked this

I would tell him. If the shoe was on the other foot would you want to know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM
71 moms liked this
I would just do it on my own and not tell him.

But a lot of people on here are going to tell you that's wrong and it's his child too blah blah blah

****i have just known to many girls who had children with the wrong men and then had to fight in courts and deal with these guys for forever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:04 AM
4 moms liked this
I would too but I know that's an unpopular opinion.

Quoting Anonymous: I would just do it on my own and not tell him.

But a lot of people on here are going to tell you that's wrong and it's his child too blah blah blah

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a hard one.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:05 AM
33 moms liked this
I would tell him. It isn't about what you need. It's about the child.
LovlyRita
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:06 AM
28 moms liked this
Just tell him. You may need his support down the road or he may have family that will be a blessing to you and the baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM
4 moms liked this
A child needs people to love and care for them. That doesn't necessarily mean it's biological mother and father who barely know each other.

Quoting Momniscient: I would tell him. It isn't about what you need. It's about the child.
PCOSSucks0422
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM
63 moms liked this

I would tell him that you are pregnant, but that you have plenty of support and the financial means to take care of the baby sufficiently. Tell him that he can decide for himself whether he would like to be involved or not.  He may surprise you.  

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM
80 moms liked this

tell him,  just wanted to let you know that I am pregnant and yes I am sure that it is yours and you can have as much and as little involvement in this child's life as you want.  Just go from there and see how he responds.  if he deicdes he doesnt want any involvement, I would have him sign away his parental rights so if one day in the future you meet someone who does want to be the baby's father will be able to officially adopt the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)