Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My boyfriend is not planning to return his son to his bm from his weekend visit this time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
My boyfriend has been separated from his son's mom since the child was 1 1/2, and he's 4 now. My boyfriend pays child support and picks up the child every weekend. He also had a week of paid vacation in June in which he kept his son for 10 days.

Anyways, it is now nearly Tuesday, and he does not plan to return his son home. The reason being is that little by little, he has been getting information from the child about his mom's boyfriend hitting him. The information is usually just passed along willingly by his son, in conversation, saying that the boyfriend hit him, that the boyfriend hit his mommy, and once the boyfriend punched a window. My boyfriend has also had to drop his son off at FOUR different locations in the last two months in which the mother claims to have moved to. She bounces around a lot I'm assuming.

Anyways, I have advised my boyfriend that this may not be the best decision, as he does not have full custody, but he is enraged and sticking to his plan, although he has no daycare arrangements and works full time.

The mother has been calling and texting as far as I know, but I don't think she understands the severity, she just thinks my boyfriend wanted to keep him an extra night.

Well I'm not sure how to advise him more, but I support him whatever he decides to do. I also have a 5 year old daughter myself from another relationship but I'm a single mom so I've never dealt with this kind of drama before.

**I forgot to mention, we do live together as well. So the child is comfortable with me and my daughter*** not sure if I should be worried about police showing up to our place or how this is all going to end up.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:53 AM
10 moms liked this

I think that'll backfire on him. He needs to alert the police instead of just keeping him and refusing to return him, otherwise I think  he could be charged with kidnap and in turn he will be the one in jail which will make the his son's life in even more danger.

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Maybe he should be contact his lawyer idk never dealt with that crap and never will
skittlefart
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:53 AM

but that's just a theory so I"m not sure. He needs to seriously contact the police though, get recordings of the boy talking about these beatings and situations. TAlk to the mom about everything, take all evidence to the police. 

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:55 AM
If there is no CO and he is on the BC, then there is nothing she can do except take him to court.
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

He really should do this through legal channels or it can end up backfiring on him. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Meanolduglyoldm
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Depending on where you live this could be very bad. If he really believes his son is in danger, he needs to get a protective order or at the very least talk to an attorney. Remind him that sometimes what a 4 year old coinsiders hitting, might be a swat n the butt. Try to get him to talk to bio mom about the sitch. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:00 AM
He is on the birth certificate but they do also have some kind of court order in which she has custody and he has a set visitation schedule.

I told him to call child protective services about the abuse but he won't. He won't return the child because he feels he is in "danger" the more he hears his son talk.
Gooberzilla
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM
3 moms liked this
He needs to call the police and CPS and report the possible abuse. He also needs to contact a lawyer to find out what his options are. If there is a custody order he needs to file a motion too get it changed.
CasualityofLife
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I beg to differ only because there is no custody order, he is (in my state of Florida, not sure about yours) legally able to retain custody of his child if his name is on the birth certificate, until his bm obtains a custody order in her favor. I suggest he gather evidence and file for custody immeadiately though, because if she should come convince the child to go with her then she will then have custody and no legal obligation to give him back until he files for and receives a judgement in his favor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:02 AM
So than tell him to contact the police if he keeps him its going to back fire on him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN