Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Self confidence advice needed (big girl*Pic)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:52 AM
  • 23 Replies

I recently got out of a 3 year relationship. It was very toxic and bad for the both of us. We talked and tried working things out but we couldn't. The way he treated me made me feel less like a girlfriend and more like his maid. I lost all respect for myself and all my confidence.

I hate seeing myself naked. I hate going shopping for new clothes. I feel like no one will ever want me. I know there are times even the prettiest people feel this way.

It was wrong of me to let a man make me feel so little and like I meant nothing. I've realized so much after leaving my ex. I just want a fresh start. I constantly beat myself up for how I look and feel.

Im tired of it!!

I recently got a new job. I ended it completely with my ex & I got an awesome apartment for my kids and I. Everything seems to be falling into place and its great. So I want to start changing myself and how I feel about my looks.

Ladies is there any advice you can give me besides losing weight to make myself feel better. To make myself love me for how I am. Any advice I will take, whether it be an online article or books. ANYTHING! I really want to better myself and love myself like I should.

Please no bashing. Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hazel1922
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Bump

hazel1922

Bump

hazel1922

Bump

hazel1922
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Bump

mymanben
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You are super pretty. Be yourself. Always.
deboramomof2
by ๐Ÿ’‹sweetcandy๐Ÿ’‹ on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
You are beautiful ...
MrsKelso
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Just know you're beautiful. U were created the way u were for a reason. Find something about yourself u like...I'm sure u have at least one thing even if it's your eyes. Focus on loving u... not anyone else or what they think. No one else's opinion of u really matters... live for u. Only u determine your happiness. ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹โ˜บ
BIMOM21
by Andi on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
hazel1922
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Thank you ladies! I try to tell myself that I'm beautiful but then the negativity starts. I can't help it.
hazel1922
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Thank you for the bump!

Quoting BIMOM21: Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)