Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tmobile is ripping me off...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I work as a shift manager at Wal-mart and right now I'm using Samsung Galaxy Exhibit from Wal-mart Family mobile. Well I found out you can use Wal-mart Family Mobile sim card for Tmobile phones. DH uses his work phone and his service provider is AT & T and the company pay his phone bill. I have interest in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I want to buy it out of pocket, I can afford it and my DH has a good job as well and only have DS 4 at the moment. I wasn't really interests in smartphones that much until recently and I love playing games on a smartphone and the one I have now you can't really download many apps. Well I went to Tmobile and I was about to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 out of pocket then they decided to run a credit check on me I'm not even want to make payments, they said well based on my credit I have to pay $500 deposit and with taxes I have to pay $1,200 total at once...this is bullshit! Why in the hell they run a credit check on me and I want to buy a phone out of pocket instead of doing monthy for 24 months. Well I wasn't satisfied and went to another Tmobile and well they did a credit check on me as well and have to pay $600 deposit totals to $1,300 at once ugh this is ridiculous. I gave up with Tmobile and I'll have to go to another provider, only reason I'm using Wal-mart Family Mobile is I get a 35% off discount on my phone bill. 

Has cellphone companies trying to rip you off or has other companies rip you off?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:24 AM
That's a really expensive phone...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM
I'm so confused with what the f you just tried to say.
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:34 AM
That's why I love boost mobile I pay full price for a phone, starting out 67 plus taxes that shrinks every 6 months. No credit check
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so confused with what the f you just tried to say.

TL;DR

-I wanted to get a Samsung Galaxy S3 to replace my current phone which is Samsung Galaxy Exhibit because it has more internal memory.

-Can use a Wal-mart sim card on Tmobile phones

-Want to buy that phone full price

-Tmobile decided to do a credit check on me even though I'm buying the phone full price.

-They said I have to pay the deposit as well so it's over $1,000 total at once.

-Went to another T-mobile and they did the same thing, charging me even more.

-I'm giving up on T-mobile all together and Wal-mart Family Mobile is under T-mobile, I will go to a different provider.

TwoPennies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:40 AM
Don't give them your SS
Buy the phone with cash at place 1, then activate said phone in hand at place 2 if need be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:42 AM
Buy it online. Try ebay. No credit check involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Quoting OhSara87: That's why I love boost mobile I pay full price for a phone, starting out 67 plus taxes that shrinks every 6 months. No credit check

Good to hear, I may consider Boost Mobile. Don't know yet though.

lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM
After my bs with sprint, I'm never using any cell phone carriers like t-mobile. I will never do a contract ever again.

Did you give them permission to run your credit? Because I don't think they can do that without your consent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Quoting lacyleanne: After my bs with sprint, I'm never using any cell phone carriers like t-mobile. I will never do a contract ever again. Did you give them permission to run your credit? Because I don't think they can do that without your consent.

They were assholes, they told me in both T-mobile stores that they have to run a credit check before purchasing or I won't buy anything from them at all. I don't know why though, I even asked to speak to the manager at another T-mobile store and that idiot said the manager's not there and I read his badge he is the manager.

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:55 AM
Buy the handset online at eBay or amazon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)