Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wants to do WHAT?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My step son is 16 and when I picked him up from his moms he tells me he's going to drop out of school and get his GED and a job. He then tells me that he's going to tell his dad. I'm thinking if you were my kid that would not be happening! But he's not and I have no say about anything, that's all between his mom, dad and himself. Well he told Dh and he flipped!!
My step son lives with his mom, little brother, grandma and her husband. His mom doesn't work, gets food stamps, and the only income she has is from Dh for ss.
My ss told me just a couple months ago that he doesn't want to get a job because his mom would take his money.... He said he would rather volunteer somewhere so he could get out of the house but not make money.
What kind of mother encourages their child to drop out of school so he can get a job and help support her and his little brother?! This woman is mental!! She would make my ss stay home from school to clean the house or to take care of his brother. I just don't understand the thinking of this woman. I love my ss very much and want nothing but the best for him.
So I'm just gonna sit back and see how this all plays out....
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:50 AM
I don't have words.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM

At that age he should be able to decide where to live and get the heck out of there.  Volunteering would be a good way to beef up his resume for potential jobs.  It sounds like mom is way taking advantage of him and if he does get a job, have dad set up the bank account so mom can not touch it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Oooh
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:55 AM
We've talked to him about living with us but his little brother is autistic and he said he doesn't want to leave him and have his mom do the same thing to him. But the bank account idea is great! I'll tell my Dh to get one set up for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

At that age he should be able to decide where to live and get the heck out of there.  Volunteering would be a good way to beef up his resume for potential jobs.  It sounds like mom is way taking advantage of him and if he does get a job, have dad set up the bank account so mom can not touch it.

MyHeartDA
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:36 AM
He can stay in school and get part time job after school & weekends. Yes get him his own bank acct. For sure
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM

I would take her to court and try to make his schooling a requirement for her to continue getting child support. Ideally, I would just go for full custody of the kid.

lustfull
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:07 AM

direct depsite...you can always fib and say hes vounteering or sothing so she doesnt snoop

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I would check the laws in your state. I know here (NC) they changed it where you can't drop out before 18 even written parental permission. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)