Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vaccines

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:02 AM
  • 57 Replies
After my last post, I would be extremely interested in knowing all the moms thoughts on vaccinating their children. Thoughts? I'm a pro vaxxer so I'm just interested in knowing if y'all vax or not.
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM
We are currently ttcing and I'm hoping for a girl Lol. But anyways yes we will vaccinate and if we end up having a girl she will get the HPV shots has well. I say those as well because they saved my life, so to speak. We found out the dh was a carrier for the hvp strain that causes cervical cancer and so I went and got the shots. About a month after the first shot I had my yearly exam and they found abnormal cells so they did a biopsy of my cervix. Once I got the whole set and it was time for another exam I came back clean. The doctors believe that finishing the set saved me from getting cancer and the cells they had found were precancerous.
1opinion4u
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM
I am not a huge fan of vaccines. I waited to get my kids vaccinated until they were 5 years old. By that time, they weren't able to get most of their childhood vaccines because they were too old. If they weren't required for school, they wouldn't have gotten them then. Oh, and in case you were wondering, my children are perfectly healthy with NO allergies. This is just MY personal choice.
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:20 AM

I have always had my children vaxed- I am a strong believer in it.

MyHeartDA
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM
For sure, although I did wait til my kids where BTW 24 & 36 months for MMR, just because I was scared and after research decided to wait on those, my I am so glad we have vaccinations available some countries don't have vaccinations available and kids are sick with these old diseases that we are so fortunate that technology and science has found ways to protect us. I wish we had one for cancer or HIV, but I am thankful we have what we have. I don't understand moms who choose not to vaccinate, I mean none of my business I know my kids are protected, but I just don't get it why put your child at risk unessicerily
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Yes we did all recommended vaccines at ages recommended. My children never had any reactions to them. My kids are healthy .

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:32 AM
We vax on schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM
We do not vaccinate.
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Never missed a vaccine

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I have 4 kids and all got vaccinated. They are all healthy. Not vaccinating your children is child abuse IMO. Spreading diseases that have been gone for years is not responsible parenting. The parents not vaccinating should go see people with polio, measles, mumps.....and everything else that we should no longer have to worry about.....and then vaccinate their kids!
vanillalattemom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Then I hope you keep your kids at home 100% of the time.

Quoting Anonymous: We do not vaccinate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)